Contribute
Register

Robbish's 8yr old ATX IvyBridge Hackintosh GA-Z77-DS3H - i5-3570K - HD 4000 [OpenCore/macOS Big Sur]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still no Atheros. I've reset network settings, Snapshot my config.plist, tried changing the order of the kexts so atheros is before intel but no luck. Not a big deal since the intel is working but strange. Even stranger is that it is listed under 'PCIe' in Hackintool. If Hackintool sees it, why doesn't macOS?

Audio works, but not perfect under any layout (I have pc speakers plugged in to the back panel line out (green port) but with any of the layouts that work (most), the speakers always work only when 'Internal Speaakers' is selected rather than 'Line Out'). Also not a big deal and I went with layout 3.

Upgraded to Monterey with no issues at all. Unfortunately Ventura is a no-go with Ivy Bridge due to AVX2 requirement.

Thanks again for this awesome in depth guide!
Have you tried your Atheros LAN in Windows to make sure it works?
I always have an Ubuntu Live USB that I use to test the motherboard hardware before installing another OS, that way I can quickly test everything w/o installing.
At the end of the day, do you really use two LAN ports in practice? if not, the Intel LAN is usually the better spec of the two LANs.

@Robbish do you know why my Atheros AR8151 onboard Ethernet wouldn't be working with the AtherosE2200Ethernet kext?

AtherosE2200Ethernet.kext does not support AR8151 from DS3H rev1.0

DS3H rev1.1 has AR8161 which is supported by AtherosE2200Ethernet.kext

For AR8151 you have https://github.com/chris1111/AtherosL1cEthernet but does not work with OS X > High Sierra (10.13)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back