Contribute
Register

Robbish's 8yr old ATX IvyBridge Hackintosh GA-Z77-DS3H - i5-3570K - HD 4000 [OpenCore/macOS Big Sur]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Success using this OC 0.7.6 EFI to install Big Sur on my similar build.

Last edited:
17/04/2022 Guide Revision 6.3 [Final Guide Update]
  • Re-Edited Power Management guide section with latest download Beta ssdtPRGen v21.5
  • Removed the old code lines for downloading and unzipping the previous Beta ssdtPRGen v15.1
Hi there trying this with no luck so far for my old Z77-UD5H paired with a i7-3700K.

"IvyBridge SMBIOS is not supported in macOS Big Sur. So I had to create and validate a new iMac14,4 SMBIOS serial in order to download macOS Big Sur from the App Store. For this, I signed out of my Apple ID and used GenSMBIOS with the Dortania Haswell PlatformInfo guide here
For those with a Graphics Card, I recommend iMac15,1 as it supports dGPU"

Did you do the plist with Haswell info, or Ivy bridge info and with Haswell serials sys definition smuuid etc...

BTW IM on clover on this machine now.... all I did is get out of Apple ID, use my same clove plist but with a 15,1 sys definition, reboot, and it let me download big sur after that...

Hi there trying this with no luck so far for my old Z77-UD5H paired with a i7-3700K.

Did you do the plist with Haswell info, or Ivy bridge info and with Haswell serials sys definition smuuid etc...

I used the Dortania OpenCore Guide > IvyBridge for all the settings except for the PlatformInfo > Generic (my SMBIOS and serial settings)

For my serials, I signed out of my Apple ID and created a new SMBIOS based on a Haswell iMac14,4.
The reason I did that was because I did not want any issues with iCloud security and all my iTunes/App Store purchases due to a change in my Mac's profile which was seen prior to the change on Apple's servers as a Mac mini.

Last edited:
I made a USB with createinstallmedia command like it says in Dortania site.
Then I mounted a EFI and placed authors files in EFI partition.
settled up BIOS like in authors post
getting "reboot and select proper boot device ir insert boot media in selected boot device and press a key" what should i do?
same MB, I7

same MB, I7
Welcome Leonid, you'll need to list the hardware you are installing to, within your profile.

It should be seen here, where you currently have b450, 3600x and 2060.

Screen_Shot_5.jpg

i made a usb with createinstallmedia command like it says in dortania site
then mounted a efi and placed authors files in efi partirion
settled up bios like in authors post
getting "reboot and select proper boot device ir insert boot media in selected boot device and press a key" what should i do?
same MB, I7
Welcome Leonid, you'll need to list the hardware you are installing to, within your profile.

It should be seen here, where you currently have b450, 3600x and 2060.

View attachment 553767
yeah nevermind. hackintosh is a no go for me
bios is currupted now, cant restore, dead probably

Last edited:
Why are my messages being deleted?
You just said that you deleted it because it is not in English, I said I made a mistake, I apologized??

Hi there.

I have checked for you.

Your last post was probably removed because your question did not relate to this Big Sur Golden Build, but Monterey? HD4000 does not work with Monterey as far as I know.

Just begin your own thread in the Monterey Desktop Support forum. :thumbup:

I have an old 3770k z77x-ud5h that I would like to use as a dedicated audio recording system with an old FireWire 400 interface. Did you have any success with using the VGA output in Mojave?

I have an old 3770k z77x-ud5h that I would like to use as a dedicated audio recording system with an old FireWire 400 interface. Did you have any success with using the VGA output in Mojave?
VGA has not been supported for years

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back