Contribute
Register

Robbish's 8yr old ATX IvyBridge Hackintosh GA-Z77-DS3H - i5-3570K - HD 4000 [OpenCore/macOS Big Sur]

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is not a necessity to update your BIOS. It is just my preference to update to the latest stable version (although technically my F11 BIOS is Beta but it is stable).

The BIOS settings that I mentioned in my guide come from the Dortania OpenCore Guide for IvyBridge, so those BIOS settings are universal for all GA-Z77 motherboards. All others BIOS settings outside of that are your preference.

You can use the Pre-Built SSDT supplied with OpenCore however if you want to create your own (as I did) then CorpNewt has a Utility app called SSDTime that auto generates them from your own machine's DSDT. I don't remember having success with it in Mac but it works fine in Windows and I've used it via an Ubuntu live USB.

- Download and extract SSDTTime zip and launch the app,
- Select the option to dump your DSDT
- Select the option to dump your own SSDT-EC
- Go to the Results Folder and copy the SSDT.EC.aml to a Fat32 formatted flash drive and copy it your EFI > OC > ACPI folder

For the SSDT-PM.aml, I suggest that you use the method I detailed in the Power Management section of my guide.

If you have already created your own USBPorts.kext then of course you do not need to use USBinjectAll. Good Luck

Thanks for the answer.
I did as you said. Nic in system does not appear.
I have Qualcomm Atheros AR8151 v2.0 Gigabit Ethernet on the board.
AtherosE2200Ethernet-V2.2.2 drivers are not suitable. :(
I tried AtherosL1cEthernet.kext from here https://github.com/chris1111/AtherosL1cEthernet also for some reason does not work.
Although everything works on the same machine in Mojave.
I did not work at the AtherosE2200, but I installed the AtherosL1cEthernet with Kex-Droplet and it works perfectly.

Hi Robbish.There is an error when the network traffic is high, the Ethernet connection stops as if I had unplugged the cable (I did not unplug it) but the green dot is still lit. WiFi still has a connection if I change the order. After restarting it is good again, but only for a short time.The motherboard Ethernet did this, so I bought what you use, but the mistake continues to do it. Have you ever experienced this?

I have not had that issue.
Did you remember to disable the Atheros onboard LAN in the BIOS now that you are using a PCIe card LAN ?
The motherboard LAN is turned off in BIOS. Now the PCI-e Ethernet card is about. If I think the motherboard LAN did, so I bought what you use. If torrent download + Plex, in short time Ethernet stops, but it indicates that every reason. If I change anything in Ethernet's advanced settings (MTU 1500 ... 9000, IPv6 OFF) Ethernet can be used again for a short time ... but turn off the net again, and, if I restore everything as it was, it can be used again but only for a short time ... So restart is not required.I change router, I change Ethernet cable. I don't understand, what is wrong.

If you have a spare USB stick then you could install Ubuntu and then boot from it.
- Select the Live CD option in the GUI (I think the option is called "Try Ubuntu" these days);
- Do not install it; and
- You could then monitor you LAN in Ubuntu and see if it is good or not.

If the problem is not present in Ubuntu then it's a problem in macOS and if it is then you should Google How to remove and reinstall your network in macOS.

If the problem is present, then it's likely hardware related.

You could always flash the BIOS, firstly, with the latest BIOS. Then select Optimise Defaults, Re-apply your OpenCore BIOS settings, not forgetting to disable your onboard LAN and see how you go.

if you have a spare USB stick then you could install Ubuntu and then boot from it.
- select the Live CD option in the GUI (I think the option is called "Try Ubuntu" these days)
- Do not install it.
- you could then monitor you LAN in Ubuntu and see if it is good or not.

if the problem is not present in ubuntu then it's a problem in macOS and if it is then you should google How to remove and reinstall your network in macOS

If the problem is present then it's likely hardware related.

You could always flash the BIOS firstly with the latest BIOS and then select Optimise Defaults, Re-apply your OpenCore BIOS settings, not forgetting to disable your onboard LAN and see how you go.
I didn't think of that ... Thank you, I'll do it.

Robbish's 8yr old ATX IvyBridge Hackintosh GA-Z77-DS3H - i5-3570K - HD 4000 [OpenCore]
(Final Guide Revision 6.2)
...​
Hi, the EFI files found a troyan. Attached image.

1troyan EFI Big Sur Tonymac.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back