Contribute
Register

Robbish's 8yr old ATX IvyBridge Hackintosh GA-Z77-DS3H - i5-3570K - HD 4000 [OpenCore/macOS Big Sur]

Status
Not open for further replies.
thanks @Nodarkthings but if it ain't broke.. :silent:

thanks for the heads up. Unfortunately I'm without macOS as my motherboard died (see my updates section). The only thing that I can update on this build is the EFI because the tools to do that all work in Linux which is my temporary Desktop PC for the time being (a re-purposed Mini PC meant for a OPNsense firewall) well, I had to improvise ;)

Thanks for sharing, I own the same motherboard and I finally succeeded to install Big Sur!

Thank you Robbish for this wonderful guide!

I had almost same experience with GA-H77M-D3H. The reboots after changing hardware and clean. reset CMOS. Also was thinking my PSU had broken down. I almost gave up, but did not trust the bios and backup BIOS. Bought CH341A BIOS programmer and used my LINUX machine to reprogram BIOS (had to de-solder one of the BIOS chips) Since then it all works like a charm again. So if you still have the board....

I'm still on Catalina, but I'm going to try my luck to upgrade to Big Sur now with the help of your guide. :)

Last edited:
thanks 4soulshine, glad you liked the guide, funnily enough, I did buy the the CH341A Bios programmer in August and used a few Linux guides like this Lonnie Mason guide, Jens Depuydt's guide and deftdawg's YouTube but i had no luck with it. I think that i tried it so many times that I wore out the clip which will no longer seat the BIOS chip properly. I might as a last resort buy a new BIOS chip before ditching the board.

Do you see any chance to upgrade to Monterey with this configuration? I was directly experienced, but I think it was not because of HD4000.
You can add a supported AMD graphics card to your build and use an iMac 17,1 SMBIOS and it should be possible.

Very detailed guide, nice job!

I have a similar setup (ga-z77x-ud5h + 3770K). Found this thread while searching for some opencore config comparison for my board.

So I noticed you mention that "SSDT P-States: 39, 40, 41 and 42" don't work for you. If that's still the case, you might want to try the following command in ssdtPRGen:
Code:
~/ssdtPRGen.sh -turbo 4200 -c 2 -x 0

At least that's how I overclocked my CPU, tweaked the turbo in BIOS to 42x on all cores. In macOS it scales from 1.9Ghz to 4.2Ghz. If you only use -f command in ssdtPRGen it basically keeps the stock/base frequency. In my case (also tried it just to see what happens) it prints 3.5Ghz, which is correct and it turbo boosts itself to 3.9Ghz out of the box. But with my overclock it properly goes to 4.2Ghz.

Hope this helps in any way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back