Contribute
Register

Robbish's 8yr old ATX IvyBridge Hackintosh GA-Z77-DS3H - i5-3570K - HD 4000 [OpenCore/macOS Big Sur]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Never mind. I set the IGPU from Auto to Enabled in the BIOS. Now it shows up in the System Report (never knew it was a PCI device).
Cool.. yeh you won't notice a boost in performance unless you're doing a specific task e.g, video encoding. To test it, you could try encoding a video in Handbrake without HD4000 enabled and then repeat the experiment with HD4000 headless mode enabled and in practice it should encode faster.

Thank you Robbish.
Managed to update from Catalina to Big Sur with instructions from your guide. The biggest obstacle for me was the Clover->OC migration.

Thank you Robbish.
Managed to update from Catalina to Big Sur with instructions from your guide. The biggest obstacle for me was the Clover->OC migration.
Congratulations, so glad this build write-up was useful for your Haswell setup. Just hope that you didn't do the PikeRAlpha method for the SSDT-PM because that is only for IvyBridge and below. For Haswell, yours is the SSDT-PLUG so a lot simpler.

Thank you for your guide. I have updated my Clover/Mojave with a clean install OpenCore/Big Sur 11.3.
My system is a Z77MX-D3H-TH with a RX580, iGPU headless, SMBIOS imac15,1, big sur 11,3, OpenCore 0.6.9.
Everything is working very smooth and I'm happy. Thunderbolt Belkin dock and my DAS are working OOTB.
Three questions though :

Internal Audio:
My chipset is different (VIA VT2021) - I managed to get it working with alcid=9 in bootarg (7 works aswell but it's messy). I think I screwed up the part in DeviceProperties. Can somebody help me fix this, so I can make it more permanent ? - See attachement. My chipset info :
gfxutil -f HDEF
00:1b.0 8086:1e20 /PCI0@0/HDEF@1B = PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1B,0x0)

VIA VT2020_2021 0x100100, layout 5, 7, 9, 13

Ethernet:
I tried adding the kext in the folder but it didn't work. I think it's not enough? What else should I add in my config.plist? - very noob question i'm sorry :D i used to use Clover Configurator for that kind of stuff :D

Boot Menu :
I use a 4K monitor. The boot menu is very small (a 1080 frame in the middle of the screen). I would like to make it bigger and full screen, but can't find the settings.

Thanks for your help.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-05-07 at 14.14.36.png
    Screenshot 2021-05-07 at 14.14.36.png
    71.4 KB · Views: 79
Oh another thing I must not be doing right. I wanted to update from 11.3 to 11.3.1, downloaded the update, installed and rebooting... After reboot, the Mac acts like the update worked (asks me to activate Siri, etc.) but it doesn't, it is still showing 11.3 and asking me to download the update again. Any idea what I could do wrong ?

Thank you for your guide. I have ...

Ethernet:
I tried adding the kext in the folder but it didn't work. I think it's not enough? What else should I add in my config.plist? - very noob question i'm sorry :D i used to use Clover Configurator for that kind of stuff :D

Thanks for your help.

Hi, I'm working so I will quickly address Ethernet.
Get Hackintool , Select PCI tab in Hackintool and click the Export button.
That will give you 4 files, one of them is a Plist file .
Copy the Ethernet plist from the Plist file into your config.plist DeviceProperties section (you can use Xcode for that)
and then Enable that Plist some how.

Gotta go, sorry

Last edited:
Ethernet:

With OpenCore, adding a kext in the right folder is not enough, you need to declare it in config.plist/Kernel/Add section. You should read Dortania's OC guide... ;)

Boot Menu :
I use a 4K monitor. The boot menu is very small (a 1080 frame in the middle of the screen). I would like to make it bigger and full screen, but can't find the settings.

Change config.plist/Add/4D1EDE05.../UIScale to 02.
You should read Dortania's OC guide... :D

With OpenCore, adding a kext in the right folder is not enough, you need to declare it in config.plist/Kernel/Add section. You should read Dortania's OC guide... ;)

that's right, sorry I didn't mention that in my reply earlier because I thought that wooolooo followed my build guide for his own system and thus would have declared the kext in his config.plist already so thanks @pit512

@wooolooo , when adding new kext to your OpenCore EFI, do this ;

- Open your config.plist with ProperTree
- select CMD+R. This function is called OC Snapshot

OC Snap shot will prompt you point to your EFI > OC location so do that and hit the Choose button.
This will declare your kext in your config.plist and set all the paths etc., for you.

- Save and Exit ProperTree.
- Reboot

Change config.plist/Add/4D1EDE05.../UIScale to 02.
You should read Dortania's OC guide... :D

Hey. thanks for your reply. UIScale to 02 didn't work for me (black screen) to boot. Went back to 01. According to https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Post-Install/cosmetic/verbose.html#macos-decluttering it sets to HiDPI.... Not sure what it means to be honest all I know is that my screen resolution is 3840x2160px... Anyway not a real issue anyway.

that's right, sorry I didn't mention that in my reply earlier because I thought that wooolooo followed my build guide for his own system and thus would have declared the kext in his config.plist already so thanks @pit512

@wooolooo , when adding new kext to your OpenCore EFI, do this ;

- Open your config.plist with ProperTree
- select CMD+R. This function is called OC Snapshot

OC Snap shot will prompt you point to your EFI > OC location so do that and hit the Choose button.
This will declare your kext in your config.plist and set all the paths etc., for you.

- Save and Exit ProperTree.
- Reboot
Thanks, I totally missed this part. I saw the other kext on the config.plist but didn't know how to set the other values than their location. I did that (OC Snapshot with Propertree) and it worked perfectly, now I have Ethernet on the motherboard !

I want to thank you again, my hackintosh is much better than it was with Clover - Thunderbolt is much better now : My Thunderbolt devices are always detected on the first boot; and with clover I had to manually Turn my Pegasus DAS before booting the computer, and turn it off after shutting down... Now it does it all by itself like a real Mac it's really nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back