Contribute
Register

Robbish's 8yr old ATX IvyBridge Hackintosh GA-Z77-DS3H - i5-3570K - HD 4000 [OpenCore/macOS Big Sur]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi @tallgeese04 , my overclock settings were already set as you described and ~/ssdtPRGen.sh -f 4200 gave me 39, 40, 41 and 42 until that was no longer the case when I moved to BigSur. I assumed that changing to a Haswell SMBIOS that was the reason I could no longer get 39, 40, 41 and 42 P-states. Shame you didn't chime in months ago then I could have tested your method; ~/ssdtPRGen.sh -turbo 4200 -c 2 -x 0.

My DS3H motherboard died in July so I'm currently using a Skylake minipc (a re-purposed OPNsense box) as my Ubuntu PC daily driver for the time being. Like many here, I'll be buying an M1 Mac sometime next year and I'll probably replace the DS3H with another Z77 motherboard at some point (we'll see..) but thanks for the knowledge.

Last edited:
Hey @Robbish, thanks for the reply!

I did not think about Haswell SMBIOS affecting it, you are probably right. I used the -turbo command on Ivy SMBIOS as well then so perhaps that was not even necessary. It's unfortunate about your DS3H, my Z77 is also having weird issues, reaching it's use limit after all these years I guess.

Like many here, I'll be buying an M1 Mac sometime next year
Absolutely! I hope for an upgraded M1 Mac mini myself haha

Great job and very detailed guide! Thanks!
Tell me you write:
  • Ethernet: Dell X3959 PCIe Intel Dual Port NIC card works OOB (so I have Disabled my onboard Atheros Ethernet)
but how to turn the built-in network card back on?

Great job and very detailed guide! Thanks!
Tell me you write:
  • Ethernet: Dell X3959 PCIe Intel Dual Port NIC card works OOB (so I have Disabled my onboard Atheros Ethernet)
but how to turn the built-in network card back on?
Hi @sfclub, if your not using a PCi-E network card (like my Intel card that you have quoted above) then the DS3H onboard Atheros NIC will be Enabled by default.

To enable the Z77-DS3H onboard Atheros NIC, enter the BIOS and go to ;

Peripherals > Onboard LAN Controller#1 and set it to Enabled

Last edited:
Hey @Robbish,
I saw your post and is thinking to upgrade to big sur with my existing build z77 and Ivy bridge cpu. The open core version did you use the 0.75? of I have to use the older version to make the installer. please help. Thanks
I am no longer using the Z77-DS3H and had no plans upgrade it to macOS Monterey with that motherboard however to answer your question about the EFI, go to my Attachments section at the end of my build guide and you will find a zip is labelled Z77-DS3H OC v0.7.5 EFI which is the most recent version of my EFI at the time of writing.

Also trs96 already answered this macOS Monterey question before ( see his post #71 ), Good Luck

Edit: my apologies, I misread your post. You asked about macOS Big Sur not Monterey.

You should use the Dortania OpenCore IvyBridge settings but you will need to change your PlatformInfo settings to;
  • iMac15,1 (Haswell SMBIOS) for Big Sur
  • iMac17,1 (Broadwell SMBIOS) for Monterey (although, Dortainia do warn that you could experience power management issues using iMac17,1).
Once you boot your EFI with one of those Platforminfo settings then you should be able to download macOS Big Sur or Monterey respectively.

Last edited:
Hi @sfclub, if your not using a PCi-E network card (like my Intel card that you have quoted above) then the DS3H onboard Atheros NIC will be Enabled by default.

To enable the Z77-DS3H onboard Atheros NIC, enter the BIOS and go to ;

Peripherals > Onboard LAN Controller#1 and set it to Enabled
Thanks for the answer.
I did as you said. Nic in system does not appear.
I have Qualcomm Atheros AR8151 v2.0 Gigabit Ethernet on the board.
AtherosE2200Ethernet-V2.2.2 drivers are not suitable. :(
I tried AtherosL1cEthernet.kext from here https://github.com/chris1111/AtherosL1cEthernet also for some reason does not work.
Although everything works on the same machine in Mojave.

@Robbish, yesterday I made a post telling you that I have the same MB and Processor, and I congratulated you for your work ("Hehehehehheheh! I just discovered this. One off my hacks have the same MB and Processor. Very good rig. And BTW, nice job here!")
Today the post doesn't exist. Maybe moderators will tell me what it was wrong with my post for deleting it.

@Robbish, yesterday I made a post telling you that I have the same MB and Processor, and I congratulated you for your work ("Hehehehehheheh! I just discovered this. One off my hacks have the same MB and Processor. Very good rig. And BTW, nice job here!")
Today the post doesn't exist. Maybe moderators will tell me what it was wrong with my post for deleting it.
maybe don't advertise your serial number....

Maybe moderators will tell me what it was wrong with my post for deleting it.
If one of your posts is removed it is most probably because it broke one of the forum rules, for example :

Screenshot 2021-11-27 at 09.39.49.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back