Contribute
Register

Rickyreall84’s G5 Yin Yang build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looms = combs Thanks for link, You might look at Moddyi
http://www.moddiy.com/
Are you using a heatsink to reduce heat for the smaller wires? (front panel wires)
I am well versed in looming I use a Bosch digital heatgun for my work.
Usually use paracord now vrs techflex now. I even have larger diameter stuff which is impossible to find.
I like ModDyi's FEP Teflon Silver Plated Copper Wire for power cables to SATA with real MOLEX punch downs set at exact locations, so no extra wire.
This assumes your not using a M.2 on the board or a card.

Looms = combs Thanks for link, You might look at Moddyi
http://www.moddiy.com/
Are you using a heatsink to reduce heat for the smaller wires? (front panel wires)
I am well versed in looming I use a Bosch digital heatgun for my work.
Usually use paracord now vrs techflex now. I even have larger diameter stuff which is impossible to find.
I like ModDyi's FEP Teflon Silver Plated Copper Wire for power cables to SATA with real MOLEX punch downs set at exact locations, so no extra wire.
This assumes your not using a M.2 on the board or a card.

yes for the front wiring harness I used 1 bigger diameter sleeve then sleeved the pinouts like the LED and Power with small heat sink. It was a better option to have one single harness then a bunch of single sleeved wires coming from the front panel. I have used paracord in the past but the one I got you could not melt it, it just caught fire lol. I would like to do more custom sleeving but it takes a lot of time and patience. I will tell you that Its pretty annoying that many companies still use rainbow wires (PSU), even with pumps and fans (creates a lot of extra work). No I don't have an m.2 I wish. I am pretty limited I have to get a m.2 that has a black pcb because a green one in my system would look terrible.

Its awesome!!!!!

hey ricky hows your side panel now? im just waiting for the glass window for my side panel. :D

by the way... i want to replace the reservoir on my rig. i want to buy a reservoir that I can really orient horizontally. I want to retain the D5 pump i have since it's still working great.

what is the best reservoir you can suggest? i am thinking of using this.

http://www.performance-pcs.com/monsoon-modular-reservoir-system-parts

honestly I don't know which one i will choose but i am thinking of the 100mm only or less maybe?

i really need your help bro. XD

thanks in advance

hey ricky hows your side panel now? im just waiting for the glass window for my side panel. :D

by the way... i want to replace the reservoir on my rig. i want to buy a reservoir that I can really orient horizontally. I want to retain the D5 pump i have since it's still working great.

what is the best reservoir you can suggest?

honestly I don't know which one i will choose but i am thinking of the 100mm only or less maybe?

I had to do a complete tear down because my power supply was giving me really bad power delivery to one of my video cards causing it to overheat past recommended temps... I went with a rock solid seasonic 850w. Anyway while rebuilding it, my girlfriend knocked a bowl onto my glass side panel and smashed it. I purchased and had cut a Polystyrene Sheet. I have it staying on with some earth magnets. Ill take a pic when I get a chance.

I don't know if I'm the best person to ask for advice when it comes to watercooling parts, as I am both snobby and biased. I really only use EK because its sleek and simple. IMO the monsoon res looks like the canister that held the oz in ninja turtles 2 or something out of a predator vs. alien movie. The G5 case is simple and so should the components. With that being said I like this. If the length isn't big enough you can get a longer tube for cheap. The smaller your res the less water circulating in your system so your computer might run cooler with a longer res (rumored). Good luck hope your glass works out let me see when you finish :)

http://www.performance-pcs.com/ek-xres-100-revo-d5-reservoir-acetal.html#Specifications
Tubes
http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=xres+tube

With the mounting clip your could make it look really nice horizontal. I think it can wrap around the pump or the tube.

thanks for some infos. i might go with primochill reservoir with D5 pump mount coz my reservoir was leaking.

i noticed something about the acrylic sheet that I used, since I was only using magnet for the meantime, whenever the temp gets high, the window acrylic sheet bends(with magnets only. no epoxy used yet.

i will show the glass side panel once I received it :D

A little bit of luck and planning...EK fan mounting plate

A little bit of luck and planning...EK fan mounting plate

thanks bro. i checked your log again and found out that you didn't use push/pull for the front rads. i think i can put my radiator back in front of my G5. :)

Ya, no push pull, except my 120 mm rad in the back. Only reason for that is for mounting purposes. Depending on your rad thickness and your fan thickness, they can both take up a lot of room. Because the case is a mesh and promotes positive airflow, I saw no need for push pull. For example, I notice better temps with the front panel on then off, so the computer gets direct airflow. A side note, I completed my update of my case today and hoping to post this weekend. I am exited to show some of the minor and major improvements.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back