Contribute
Register

Rickyreall84’s G5 Yin Yang build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe I will try the side panel lol you might have convinced me. I did try putting it on and the two nubins that go into the holes I think will hold but not securely like super secure but it wont randomly fall or anything. An Idea I was thinking about was using earth magnets on the nubins and out back of the holes on the case to keep the side panel on. Did you use glass or plastic for the window? Also, what adhesive did u use to secure it. I would think silicon? Wait does you panel have a anything like glass or plastic?

it doesn't have anything yet. i honestly want to try glass. 4mm thick maybe or 6mm? what do you think?
i will let you know what adhesive i will be using as it will come from our carpentry department. XD i have magnets but didn't used it on my side panel. you're right the 2 small nubins? that you call will hold the panel. and the excess part at the bottom(where you insert the panel when attaching to the case)

i will try first clear acrylic. if it looks nice then maybe I will not change it. but i really like glass for windows like the inwin cases. :D

by the way, the diameter of the corners is 20mm if you need it. if you will follow the larger area like on my panel. it's 267mm X 400mm as my colleague measured it and did it in autocad for me. :D juvs window panel for G5 SHIELD.jpg

Wooooo... that looks amazing and very professional. More photos please if possible. :thumbup:

You didn't leave any over hang how are you going to put adhere any material? I like how you made the panel open as possible. I wonder if you could cut the sides of the brackets and slide the plastic or glass into it then glue or adhere it. that way you don't need any over hang and you can have the window as big as possible. BTW its kinda funny but acrylic is way more expensive then glass. I built my GF a computer with my old z68 build and her side panel has micro scratches all over it just from cleaning it so its something to think about. IMO plastic scratches hella easy...

Wooooo... that looks amazing and very professional. More photos please if possible. :thumbup:

Thanks mini I will post tomorrow possibly. I start spring semester of college tomorrow so my time will be limited but I promise I will post more.

You didn't leave any over hang how are you going to put adhere any material? I like how you made the panel open as possible. I wonder if you could cut the sides of the brackets and slide the plastic or glass into it then glue or adhere it. that way you don't need any over hang and you can have the window as big as possible. BTW its kinda funny but acrylic is way more expensive then glass. I built my GF a computer with my old z68 build and her side panel has micro scratches all over it just from cleaning it so its something to think about. IMO plastic scratches hella easy...

I was guided by Laser Hive. He thought me how/where to put the adhesive. he mentioned, better use thicker than the 3mm side panel. so maybe 4-6mm thick glass/acrylic will do. then epoxy/glue the side. here's an idea. hope this can help. the window will be aligned with the outer part of the panel which will make it look better.
area to put adhesive g5 panel.jpg

i am waiting for the quote for the glass to compare with the acrylic. and yes, that's the problem with acrylic, scratches everywhere XD

my wife didn't agree with the cutting of the side panel before. but glad it turned out well.

i think sliding will be possible if you cut the sides of the bracket but...the window will be inside of the panel instead aligned with it. still it will look great if done right. it will just matter on what we prefer. :D

SWEET BUILD! :clap: I am afraid to put my G5 build log up, yours is so clean!

Everyone has humble beginnings my friend. Put time and practice and eventually it will pay off.

Everyone has humble beginnings my friend. Put time and practice and eventually it will pay off.

i agree with you bro!

still waiting for the glass quote damn! XD

Hue+ in stock
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/nzxt-hue-rgb-dual-channel-led-controller-black-ca-174-nx.html
I have purchased before from these guys does not take too long but shipping is costly.
Did you do all the hard-line bending yourself, if so excellent work?
Who made the looms for your wiring?
This is a benchmark for quality work with clean wiring, so many of the builds others have posted on here have some pretty lazy workmanship especially wire management, I would be embarrassed to put up some of these builds with my name behind it.

Hue+ in stock
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/nzxt-hue-rgb-dual-channel-led-controller-black-ca-174-nx.html
I have purchased before from these guys does not take too long but shipping is costly.
Did you do all the hard-line bending yourself, if so excellent work?
Who made the looms for your wiring?
This is a benchmark for quality work with clean wiring, so many of the builds others have posted on here have some pretty lazy workmanship especially wire management, I would be embarrassed to put up some of these builds with my name behind it.

It's tempting but i'd rather wait for amazon to get them back in stock. I'm pretty patient person so 1 light strip is good for now thanks for the link tho. If nothing happens for a while I will buy from them. I also saw that NCIX has them in stock too. All the Primochill tubing was bent by me with a silicon insert and a $20 heat gun from home depot. I got a 4 pack which is 144inches/367cm and used all of it. The front tube coming out of the res took 4 tries. The one in the back of the res took me 3 tries, and the one going off the GPU took 4 tries. If they are not straight and or perfect the lovely internet community will point them out :) I don't know what you mean by looms but I got them from a computer store in the bay area called central computer. I have done custom sleeving in the past and all my other wires which are not visible are sleeved by me. I used extensions to give me added length and it saved time and energy. The cable combs I purchased on ebay from china. Cable management is an art my friend and a cost effective way is to use wire ties and extensions. Another secret is heat sink for little wires like power/LED/single fan wires. I will have to admit I am pretty critical when it comes to cable management because with little money and know how you can make anything work. It's what can push an ok build to a beautiful build. Sorry for the rambling :)

http://www.centralcomputers.com/c-208-other-cables.aspx?pagenum=2

http://www.ebay.com/sch/ilavmodding/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&_from=

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back