Contribute
Register

RevoBoot: Frequently Asked Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats not exactly what I was asking. I wanted to know if it had any features we may want the the others don't have. There is not a lot of info on this bootloader and I do like to try them all out but this one doesn't even have an installer.
RevoBoot is usually the first boot loader to support new processors and it is still the fastest and smallest boot loader for OS X, with features that are still missing in other boot loaders, but it is also still the most difficult one to install. We do have an installer, written by Sam, but I prefer people who know what they are doing. Meaning less trouble for me, especially now that I have so little time. In short. RevoBoot is not for everyone.

p.s. There is no feature support for graphics cards. You have to do that from ACPI/EFI device-properties/kexts, but I have personally used RevoBoot on every single Asus motherboard that is available today.

Ok sorry I think I asked wrong. For example the ASUS series 8 mobos must hav Chimera/Chameleon installed to the EFI partition to boot as they don't support legecy bootloaders on GPT. I could not find info on how or where you install RevoBoot so thats why I was asking. As for the GFX do you need a UEFI GOP GFX card?

Ok sorry I think I asked wrong. For example the ASUS series 8 mobos must hav Chimera/Chameleon installed to the EFI partition to boot as they don't support legecy bootloaders on GPT. I could not find info on how or where you install RevoBoot so thats why I was asking. As for the GFX do you need a UEFI GOP GFX card?
U dont need UEFI GOP for revoboot.
Its just like Chameleon with a diferent aproach to configuring.

@Pike will there ever be EFI version of revoboot ?

@Pike will there ever be EFI version of revoboot ?
We have a RevoBoot UEFI version for some time already, but that won't become publicly available. There is no need for it. Clover appears to be working fine for most people, and I simply don't have time to support it so... I guess that makes it a definite no.

@PJALM, I have patched UEFI BIOS. One that allows me to boot from any GUID partition, but without it you need to use the EFI partition.

We have a RevoBoot UEFI version for some time already, but that won't become publicly available. There is no need for it. Clover appears to be working fine for most people, and I simply don't have time to support it so... I guess that makes it a definite no.

@PJALM, I have patched UEFI BIOS. One that allows me to boot from any GUID partition, but without it you need to use the EFI partition.
i agree that clover works great but it have too many features.
One more question about UEFI version,can it work from firmware like ozmosis?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back