Contribute
Register

Reviving an old build - modern macOS support?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
HP Elite 8300 SFF
CPU
i7 3770
Graphics
GTX 1050 Ti
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Looking to revive an old hackintosh build from quite a while ago, with the addition of a new SSD.

Any help on what my macOS options are would be much appreciated!

• Intel Core i5 760 2.80 GHz Socket 1156
  • Gigabyte GA-H55M-UD2H
  • Crucial 8GB DDR3L 1600Mhz (x2)
  • Samsung 860 EVO 500GB SSD
  • Gigabyte ATI Radeon HD 5770 GV-R577UD-1G

Install High Sierra for Legacy booting. I think that is about as far as you can go with the HD 5770 graphics. Mojave will require a newer Metal capable graphics card.

Install High Sierra for Legacy booting. I think that is about as far as you can go with the HD 5770 graphics. Mojave will require a newer Metal capable graphics card.

Thanks for the speedy response trs96!

I'll have a crack at getting High Sierra installed - that's probably as far as I will take this old build.

Cheers.

Got everything in the original post working again on High Sierra.

I was having issues with lock ups at times, possibly to do with ethernet. To be honest I didn't investigate much further beyond noticing it happening just after network connectivity would fall off.

I've since moved to a new build and have repurposed the parts for other things.

Got you. I have an NVIDIA GeForce GT 610 and I haven't had much luck updating to High Sierra, but I am on a stable Sierra build now....guess I'll take it.

No Sound and no iMessage yet. Don't care much for iMessage but I'm about to take a crack at the sound. Seems the onboard ALC889 doesn't work with any Multibeast options I've tried.

Any update on how this build has been, lately? About to start a build with that board this weekend, using X3470 and 750 ti

I just bought a GTX 1050 Ti for this build on Amazon for $186 to replace my GeForce GT610. It has been running a very stable version of Sierra for some time now but I needed a little more GFX power for Final Cut Pro. I've basically bricked my setup. I installed the NVIDIA Web Driver for my version of 10.12.6 prior to installing the GTX 1050. After successful install of the update, i put the new card in and booted up. I couldn't get the Web Driver to load. It showed that the card was there and the NVIDA utility was showing me options to use Web Driver or Default OS 10 driver. Everytime I would select the Webdriver, it would require a restart and I'd be right back to the default OS driver. I ended up uninstalling the Webdriver utility and reinstalling it with the GTX 1050 pre-installed this time. Upon restart, my screen was no longer flickering but now I have no mouse/keyboard on USB. I tried to adjust some settings in Clover Configurator and now I can't boot up to a functional build even after putting the old GT 610 back in. I can't even find a downloadable copy of Sierra on the app store to make a new Unibeast drive from my Macbook Pro to try and start over :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back