Motherboard
Gigabyte Z90 M
CPU
i5-9400f
Graphics
RX 560
Mac
  1. iMac
Can I go back to windows after using Hackintosh on my system for sometime?

Can I go back to windows after using Hackintosh on my system for sometime?
Yes. Just download the Windows media creation tool and the Win10 ISO from Microsoft on a Windows machine, create an install USB, boot it, wipe your HDD/SSD, reformat it and install Win10.

Yes. Just download the Windows media creation tool and the Win10 ISO from Microsoft on a Windows machine, create an install USB, boot it, wipe your HDD/SSD, reformat it and install Win10.
hey hai, as we are changing everything from kext and all the other stuff can we actually think of running windows again on my system again?

hey hai, as we are changing everything from kext and all the other stuff can we actually think of running windows again on my system again?
A "reformat" as Going Bald mentions wipes out everything macOS related that was on the drive. You start with a clean slate. Just like when you install Windows on a new hard drive.

oh thanks a lot man! really helped.

cheers :)

Hey hai do I have to change any bios settings to revert my macos to windows again

Hey hai do I have to change any bios settings to revert my macos to windows again
Suggest you go to the page that allows you to select optimum defaults and do it. Save&exit and continue boot.

Thanks for the reply man!

Last edited:
Suggest you go to the page that allows you to select optimum defaults and do it. Save&exit and continue boot.
Hey thanks for the reply, I installed Windows 10 without optimising the defaults and it works fine but the question I have is, I still can see Clover boot loader as my boot option priority #2. I can able to change the priority in my bios settings, but how to completely get rid of clover and other stuff and how to make my hard disk the way it was while I was using windows. I basically wanna get rid of everything that's related to Mac(hackintosh). Help me out, I'm kinda noob, and thanks in advance.

Hey thanks for the reply, I installed Windows 10 without optimising the defaults and it works fine but the question I have is, I still can see Clover boot loader as my boot option priority #2. I can able to change the priority in my bios settings, but how to completely get rid of clover and other stuff and how to make my hard disk the way it was while I was using windows. I basically wanna get rid of everything that's related to Mac(hackintosh). Help me out, I'm kinda noob, and thanks in advance.
See https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...boot-entries-prevent-further-problems.175274/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back