Contribute
Register

Reto Cube

Status
Not open for further replies.
Same here

I have the i7-3770S 65w processor installed on DQ77KB, and can recommend it. Remember though this motherboard (which has onboard DC power regulation) is only rated for 65W processors, so not possible to go higher. With your standard ITX motherboard you won't have this limitation, but other issues, like getting the heated air out of the cube become more of an issue

If you intend to put a desecrate graphics card in the cube as well then the above issue would be compounded, not to mention simply providing enough power in the first place.

Also I wouldn't discount the noise of a small fan makes, always prefer larger fans that run at lower RPM's

Kiwi.

I also used the GELID cooler in my 3570S powered Cube, +1 for DQ77KB.

Im actually going to attempt a second cube with a 4790S CPU on a ASUS H81T Slim Mini-ITX board.
Only reason why im using this board is because the 4XXX series CPU's are a LGA1150 socket and the DQ77KB is a LGA1155 socket :(

Should make for a fun time!

I also used the GELID cooler in my 3570S powered Cube, +1 for DQ77KB.

Im actually going to attempt a second cube with a 4790S CPU on a ASUS H81T Slim Mini-ITX board.
Only reason why im using this board is because the 4XXX series CPU's are a LGA1150 socket and the DQ77KB is a LGA1155 socket :(

Should make for a fun time!

I looked at the specs for the ASUS H81T and noticed that there are only 2 SATA ports (one being 6 Gbs).

I had look at the Gigabyte ga-h87tn for a possible project and it has 4 SATA 6 Gbs ports and also support for the 4790S CPU.

Good modding,
neil

Yep thats true - however; i bought the H81T motherboard brand new for $12 so i was crazy not to get it

Hey folks,

So just an update on this one, as I've gone SUPER quiet. (Work has got in the way, as have my kids and *drum roll* emigration to the U.S.)

So while this is still hopefully gonna happen, it's not gonna happen any time *soon*.

Visas applied for, house going on the market, and move all come first.

But stateside, I'm hoping it'll be easier to do.

Just got a BDXL installed in my tower (Z77X-UP5-TH) and playing with Ozmosis, so that's something I'm hoping will inspire some creativity with the RetroCube.

N

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back