HD 630
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Classic Mac
  1. Apple
  2. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Just took this (hold down top button and home button) on the retina iPad.

retinapooh.png

Last edited by a moderator:
That's AWESOME! :eek:

It BARELY fits on my 2560x1600 30" monitor.....but it's THIRTY INCHES! Imagine all those pixels packed into such a small screen...ridiculous!!

hmm, imagine all those screenshots saved to pdf... lol

awesome, hope to some day buy one :lol

I seriously laugh at the people who have no foresight, and just bad mouth improvements like the retina display, the back camera, or even the iPad itself..

This new iPad is so awesome (except for the weird color shift, do you have that on yours?)

How can the interface reach such a great resolution? have they re-made all image or are they just using vector graphic?

Pigumon said:
This new iPad is so awesome (except for the weird color shift, do you have that on yours?)

We bought a couple and I haven't seen any noticeable shift. What are you seeing?

masso912 said:
How can the interface reach such a great resolution? have they re-made all image or are they just using vector graphic?

It's a combination. Bitmapped elements allow for iPad1/2 sizes as well as "2x" iPad3 sizes. Other elements are rendered on the fly. So some applications that aren't yet "updated" for the new iPad can actually look pretty good already depending on their interface design. And any system rendered text, of course, looks amazing.

Bring on the "retina" monitors and support in OS X. :)

Boy, it would sure be nice to have a 24" retina thunderbolt display...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back