CPU
i5-8400
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Before I reinstalled macOS High Sierra on my primary drive, there was Windows on my secondary drive. But since I upgraded my motherboard and CPU, I had to re-run the installation. Now I can't see the third Windows boot option on Clover, which usually brings me to Windows. Seeing that secondary drive is unaffected during installation in primary drive, is there any way to retain that boot option in secondary drive? Or it is inevitable that I have to reinstall Windows as well?

Moved to Multi Booting.

Or it is inevitable that I have to reinstall Windows as well?
Verify Clover settings are correct if Windows on the secondary drive is a legacy installation with bootloader installed in the MBR. Otherwise...

You can boot from EFI Windows installation media, then reinstall the windows bootloader (press Shift + F10 for a command prompt from installer environment), verify your windows root volume is assigned whatever letter, use the bcdboot command

Code:
bcdboot C:\Windows

replacing C: with correct letter.

There are more options for the bcdboot command here. If you have an EFI partition on your Windows disk you can assign it a letter (with diskpart command) and ask Windows to use that drive letter for the bootloader files with the /s option.

If you don't use the /s option and Clover no longer starts after installing the Windows bootloader you can use this to add Clover to the firmware boot menu.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back