CPU
i5-3570k@3,4GHZ
Graphics
HD4000
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Hi guys,

I want to share this information with you because I haven't found much about it when searching. I got my MacBook Pro yesterday and successfully restored my Time Machine Backup from my Hackintosh to it. I excluded /Extra and /System/Library/Extensions from the backup. Everything works fine and the retina screen is a blast :D

I hope this helps some of you.

Motherboard
Asus Prime Z370-P
CPU
Intel i7 8700K
Graphics
Gigabyte GTX 1080
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I've tried the same operation on an iMac from a Hackintosh Time Machine disc and failed.
How can you exclude /Extra and /System/Library/Extensions from the restoring process ?

Motherboard
DSDT-GA-H55M-USB3-F11
CPU
2.88 GHz Intel Core i5
Graphics
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 2047 MB
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Classic Mac
  1. Apple
  2. LC
  3. PowerBook
  4. SE
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I've tried the same operation on an iMac from a Hackintosh Time Machine disc and failed.
How can you exclude /Extra and /System/Library/Extensions from the restoring process ?

I assume he excluded them from the backup itself. In the Time Machine Preference Pane under options you can exclude things from being backed up. You would possibly need to create a fresh Time Machine backup with those excluded from the start. It will prompt you to exclude all system files when if you exclude System, but I just tried with System/Library/Extensions and it let me exclude it.

I had a hard drive failure, and after a clean install if I migrate data during the setup assistant it hangs. It will safe boot though. I have removed fakesmc.kext and my ethernet extension, to try and get it to boot but I think I will just exclude those from my fresh Time Machine backup and plan to get an iMac in January so this will help make that transistion from my 6 year old Hackintosh.

Motherboard
Giagate
CPU
Intel
Graphics
AMD
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Hi guys,

I want to share this information with you because I haven't found much about it when searching. I got my MacBook Pro yesterday and successfully restored my Time Machine Backup from my Hackintosh to it. I excluded /Extra and /System/Library/Extensions from the backup. Everything works fine and the retina screen is a blast :D

I hope this helps some of you.

Glad you have a Mac, it's a fabulous experience with a real Mac. It runs faster with a great UI. It's highly recommended to get on if you can afford, lol

Motherboard
Probook 450 G3
CPU
i5-6200U
Graphics
HD 520
Guys please help me, now the same problem 5 years later after this topic have opened :S

What to exclude now exactly from the backup or can i delete that folders after restore / Before booting the real Mac for the first time? Which folders do i really need to exclude? Which folder is the /Extra ???

DO i need to remove Clover and mount the EFI folder on the real mac after restore and also delete that EFI system folder?