CPU
i7-6700
Graphics
GTX 1080
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hi there!

A few days ago I successfully made a clean install of Lion GM on my backup 5900RPM 1TB harddrive. Since the GM is the retail version, I'm on my way to run the migration assistant, then it will be as if I updated from Snow Leopard.

But my main harddrive is a 7200RPM 1TB model, which is much faster.

For now on this harddrive, I have a 750GB partition with Snow Leopard and a 250GB partition with Windows 7, with a GUID partition scheme. Although I can't recall how I did to make Windows 7 work on this particular setup, I surely remember that I had trouble getting it to work.

Since I'd like to end up with Lion and my existing Windows 7 working on my 7200RPM harddrive, how would you do?

All I know for sure is that I could use CloneZilla to make a bit-to-bit clone of my 5900RPM drive to the 7200RPM one, I already did it.

Just do a fresh install of OSX Lion onto the HD.....and dual boot using Chameleon
follow this if you have doubts

Akatsuki777 said:
Just do a fresh install of OSX Lion onto the HD.....and dual boot using Chameleon
follow this if you have doubts
If I do a fresh install of Lion on my 7200RPM HD, I'll loss all I have on my Snow Leopard installation.

And won't it break the Windows 7 bootsector?

May be I could use the migration assistant from Snow Leopard to my Lion installation, then clone the partition to the 7200RPM HD?

No you will be able to trial boot win7 , Snow Leopard & Lion if you do a fresh install on a newly created partition in your HD . When booting into Chameleon choose System Reserved to boot into Win7. No changes will be made to Snow Leopard if the Installation is on partition other than that of Snow Leopard

Akatsuki777 said:
No you will be able to trial boot win7 , Snow Leopard & Lion if you do a fresh install on a newly created partition in your HD . When booting into Chameleon choose System Reserved to boot into Win7. No changes will be made to Snow Leopard if the Installation is on partition other than that of Snow Leopard
Yeah but I don't have free space on my harddrive. If I wan't to clean install Lion on my 7200RPM HD, I have to wipe Snow Leopard first.

upgrade your 10.6.7 to 10.6.8 and install Lion on the same partition all your applications and files will be unaffected.

If you have free space in your Snow Leopard Partition ....
1)Go to Disk Utility and select your HD.
2)Then go to the Partition tab.
3)Select your Snow Leopard Partition and press the '+' button on the bottom to add one
more partition in addition to your existing partitions and install Lion in that.

Akatsuki777 said:
upgrade your 10.6.7 to 10.6.8 and install Lion on the same partition all your applications and files will be unaffected.
Do you mean you can actually upgrade an existing Snow Leopard installation to Lion on a hackintosh?

Yup I followed this tutorial and it works fine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back