Gigabyte z390 UD
CPU
i5-9600k
Graphics
RX 480
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello all!

Apologies in advance. My first post and I'm already asking for help :) I finally built and got my first hackintosh running thanks to this forum. It took me a few days to get everything working as I'm learning on the go; but the majority of my hardware works as it should. The one problem I'm currently running into is with shutdowns. My screen's will turn off and accessories will power down, but my computer never fully turns off. Within a minute or so it reboots. If someone could take a look at my plist it would be greatly appreciated. I've been reading a couple of threads that I found using the search function but I can't seem to nail the issue. I try the shutdown fix in clover but that didn't work.

Also, I'm currently running 10.13.6. Upon installing Security update 2019-0001 my audio was broken among some usb function. I couldn't get it to work with my previous settings so I reinstalled High Sierra and I've left it as is. Any idea why this update may be doing that?

Attachments

• config.plist
    7.9 KB · Views: 212
I have your same problem (restart after shutdown) with 10.13.5 and 10.14.3 (i tried both).
I tried with "FixShutdown" but nothing.

I have your same problem (restart after shutdown) with 10.13.5 and 10.14.3 (i tried both).
I tried with "FixShutdown" but nothing.

Whatever fix I find, I'll post here for ya. I thought I had one earlier, but it ended rebooting again hehe

Omgosh it's fixed. Thank you so very much! This is what worked for me:

Taken from this specific thread:
  • Status: 12-07-2018: Thanks to this post by @kkho555 both Shutdown and Reboot are finally working. The key is to enable the slide=0 field in Clover Configurator boot options and install EmuVariableUEFI-64.efi. Installing this driver by itself without slide=0 leads to catastrophe! Use the Clover installer (not Clover Configurator) to install EmuVariableUEFI-64.efi, AptioMemoryFix-64.efi, and click the option to Install RC Scripts to Target Volume.
  • Update 12-11-2018: In some cases AptioMemoryFix-64.efi will fail on boot. In this case, switch to OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.
AptioMemoryFix-64 did in fact make my boot fail a few times, Replacing it with OSXAptioFixDrv-free2000.efi fixed it. I've got a stable shutdown/rebooting system now!

Thanks again for the links Brebo!

Work for me, thanks a lot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back