Graphics
550ti
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I was running a time machine backup and it froze for some reason so I stopped the backup and restarted. When I did so I am now unable to boot into either my snow leopard hard drive (the backup drive) or my Lion boot drive. I get a loading operating system screen from my motherboard so I'm guessing that the boot loader got wiped. My iboot cd's do nothing for some reason. I am able to boot up into my windows hard drive, and i booted into a ubuntu disc. I looked through the OSX hard drives and everything is still on there. I don't know where the boot loaders would be on the disc. Where would i find these files?, how do I install Chimera via ubuntu?, is there another way I could try to get the iboot cd's to atleast go to the boot screen?, any ideas? Thanks.

my computer tries booting to the cd but says there is no ramdisk config and then does nothing

I have a carbon copy of my boot drive on an external usb hard drive. Is there a way I can clone this to my boot drive via windows or linux?

I had to unplug my windows drive to get it to boot into robot

Update: My snow leopard bootable time machine drive was causing me issues for some reason. I have my Lion HDD as the first boot disk, but I don't even get the boot loader screen with the time machine drive plugged in, just a black screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back