Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello everyone,

Since this very morning, my machine was working fine, even though I knew it had few problems: one of these was that after long sleeps couldn't wake up (stuck), so I just disabled the energy saving features in OS X.
Occasionally, even if I didn't properly address the problem, and I updated via App Store to the latest ElCapitan Build 10.11.2, the only problem I had was that, when I tried to shut down or restart the machine, it hanged up at first, but at the second boot it recovered and started to work properly, so basically I never shut the PC down.

This morning instead, after I shut down, it's got stuck on the apple screen and after few minutes, it just kept restarting. Initially I thought it was behaving as usual, but it didn't recovered at the first restart, and neither at the 15th. So I tried to boot in verbose mode and this is what I got:
IMG_6851.jpg

After one hour like this, it has just risen from the dead, with no particular reason.

Now, my hardware is (it's my office pc, I haven't assembled myself then)
3,4 GHz Intel Core i7, MB Asus H87-Plus (Realtek® 8111G, 1 x Gigabit LAN Controller, Realtek® ALC887 8-Channel High Definition Audio CODEC)
Graphic Board Zotac GTX 650 Ti (NVIDIA Geforce GTX 650 Ti 1024 Mb)
2x4Gb 1600 MHz DDR3 Ram Kingston HyperX
2 SATA HDD (WDC WD10EZEX, ST1000DM003).

El Capitan Started working straight away after the installation. The first time I guess I have injected too many kext and I had to install everything from scratches. Second time, I have used multicast only for the Ethernet Card and the Sound Option, but I guess I have problem with those two and with the power management, as I cannot properly shut-down, restart or put to sleep this machine.

I would highly appreciate any help or suggestion, as I need to keep working with this until they will deliver the new i-Mac the office just bought.

Thank you.

Absolutely any guess?

My only solution right now is leaving this machine always on, to avoid what happened as it "might" happen again.

(Did I post in the wrong section perhaps?)

Thank to everyone again.

Hello everyone,

Since this very morning, my machine was working fine, even though I knew it had few problems: one of these was that after long sleeps couldn't wake up (stuck), so I just disabled the energy saving features in OS X.
Occasionally, even if I didn't properly address the problem, and I updated via App Store to the latest ElCapitan Build 10.11.2, the only problem I had was that, when I tried to shut down or restart the machine, it hanged up at first, but at the second boot it recovered and started to work properly, so basically I never shut the PC down.

This morning instead, after I shut down, it's got stuck on the apple screen and after few minutes, it just kept restarting. Initially I thought it was behaving as usual, but it didn't recovered at the first restart, and neither at the 15th. So I tried to boot in verbose mode and this is what I got:
View attachment 170420

After one hour like this, it has just risen from the dead, with no particular reason.

Now, my hardware is (it's my office pc, I haven't assembled myself then)
3,4 GHz Intel Core i7, MB Asus H87-Plus (Realtek® 8111G, 1 x Gigabit LAN Controller, Realtek® ALC887 8-Channel High Definition Audio CODEC)
Graphic Board Zotac GTX 650 Ti (NVIDIA Geforce GTX 650 Ti 1024 Mb)
2x4Gb 1600 MHz DDR3 Ram Kingston HyperX
2 SATA HDD (WDC WD10EZEX, ST1000DM003).

El Capitan Started working straight away after the installation. The first time I guess I have injected too many kext and I had to install everything from scratches. Second time, I have used multicast only for the Ethernet Card and the Sound Option, but I guess I have problem with those two and with the power management, as I cannot properly shut-down, restart or put to sleep this machine.

I would highly appreciate any help or suggestion, as I need to keep working with this until they will deliver the new i-Mac the office just bought.

Thank you.

Looks like FakeSMC is missing. Have you put FakeSMC.kext in EFI/Clover/kexts/10.11?. Be sure that you remove kexts in S/L/E which was installed with previous version of Multibeast.

Looks like FakeSMC is missing. Have you put FakeSMC.kext in EFI/Clover/kexts/10.11?. Be sure that you remove kexts in S/L/E which was installed with previous version of Multibeast.

Thank you for your kind reply jbamford.
I guess I have injected it but unfortunately now I can't check, as I am out of office, but I will and I will get back to you as soon as I can.

By the way, could you be so kind to be more specific about what you just said? I am afraid I am too much of a newbie in this world... the last time I tried to run an Mackintosh build was over 10 years ago, and was a real pain: even though I succeed, it was just a challenge and was pretty much unusable, while nowadays I have a fully working mac using these methods. But since then I always used proper Macs, so even if I know what a kext is, I am not so familiar with these procedures.

Of course I have tried to find out myself, and also to figure out what the error was, but there is too much to read and I guess I get lost in the process. Is there any specific post or guide up here where I can find how to do this? Do I have to mount the EFI partition and modify the kext files while I am in OS X using a text editor or has to be done in clover with its command line? Then simply re-inject the code with multibeast?

I hope I am not asking too much though, and I have really appreciated your help so far.

CPU model? If you want Upload your (zipped) EFI/CLOVER folder and provide the list of kext in S/L/E and L/E (to do it open the folders, select all, copy, than open Textedit an "copy and mantain style")

Thanks for your kind reply flicks, I will check the CPU model as I will get back at my desk.
This EFI/Clover you are talking about is only accessible mounting the EFI partition, which is the Clover one I have on my HDD, is that right?

I am just asking as, having team viewer running, I can have access to this machine, but if I have to install something or (worse) download and install, forget about it (chinese networks are the worst), I have to wait untile I'll be back.

Ok, I checked and here below there are the results:

The processor actually is a 4th Generation Intel Core i7, 6Mb Cache, 3.4GHz. Can't get the exact model as I cannot take away the cpu-cooler right now.

I am attaching the zipped content of my EFI/Clover Folder and the Zipped RTF file containing both the S/L/E and S/L content.

Hope this will do...
Thank you so much, guys;)

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    3.9 MB · Views: 84
  • L:E.zip
    924 bytes · Views: 82
  • S:L:E.zip
    2.4 KB · Views: 99
By the way, I have just tried to install the FakeSMC (is not present in S/L/E), but it seems that I cannot install the one i have just downloaded from here.

I have to do it via Multibeast? And then what option shall I pick?

Screen Shot 2016-01-07 at 19.09.32.png

Ok, I tried again, I deleted every trace of older FakeSMC from S/L/E and I put the fresh downloads one in EFI/Clover/kexts/10.11. I then shut down.

I also have to say that this system never properly shut down. Every time it seems it's stuck after the log out and won't shut down the power, and neither did this time.

I pushed the reset button then, and (after having checked that the wake on lan was off) it started again, this time seemed properly, as arrived at the login screen. But then restarted again.

At this second restart though, it worked, I logged in after the usual warning " your system was restarted because of a problem", and everything seems working.

Still, i don't think it is solved... any other guess? What should I check?

By the way, I have checked also the CPU model and it is an Intel Core i7 4770 3.4Ghz (306c3)

Guys, I am still stuck at the same point, no matter what I do.

After having installed correctly in the EFI partition the FakeSMC, the problem is still here.
This morning after 20 restart, I was finally able to get the system back again (but it's very random).

I noticed that this time I was with no audio, so I tried to follow the procedure to described here for the ALC887 on board, installing this audio_CloverALC-110.

Now it won't start.

I am attaching a screenshot of the Verbose Mode Boot:
IMG_6921.jpg

I am just lost... Any possible solution here?

Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back