Contribute
Register

Restart instead of shutdown (sometimes)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Attachments

• Hany’s iMac.ioreg
    2.5 MB · Views: 57
I was having this issue as well with Sierra 10.12.1. I saw a suggestion in another thread to add darkwake=0 to fix the "display doesn't wake up from sleep" issue, but it ended up fixing the shutdown -> immediate restart issue as well. The only thing I changed was adding darkwave=0 to my config.plist.

I was having this issue as well with Sierra 10.12.1. I saw a suggestion in another thread to add darkwake=0 to fix the "display doesn't wake up from sleep" issue, but it ended up fixing the shutdown -> immediate restart issue as well. The only thing I changed was adding darkwave=0 to my config.plist.
Hey dude,
Thanks for your comments, where did you add it? in config.plist in boot in custom flags?

I used clover configurator to do it, but it looks like what it did was add the flag here in config.plist:

<key>Boot</key>
<dict>
<key>Arguments</key>
<string>dart=0 darkwake=0</string>
<key>Debug</key>
<false/>
<key>DefaultVolume</key>
<string>Sierra</string>
<key>Legacy</key>
<string>PBR</string>
<key>Secure</key>
<false/>
<key>Timeout</key>
<integer>3</integer>
<key>XMPDetection</key>
<false/>
</dict>

I used clover configurator to do it, but it looks like what it did was add the flag here in config.plist:

<key>Boot</key>
<dict>
<key>Arguments</key>
<string>dart=0 darkwake=0</string>
<key>Debug</key>
<false/>
<key>DefaultVolume</key>
<string>Sierra</string>
<key>Legacy</key>
<string>PBR</string>
<key>Secure</key>
<false/>
<key>Timeout</key>
<integer>3</integer>
<key>XMPDetection</key>
<false/>
</dict>
I added, but still have the issue. The problem is some times the computer restarts after shutdown not always. Also it seems the shutdown time takes long.

it seems issue is gone by updating clover to the latest.
:headbang::D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back