Contribute
Register

Restart failing on Big Sur

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you copied the OpenCore EFI folder from your USB pen drive to the EFI partition on the macOS SSD? Or are you still booting from the OpenCore setup on your USB installer?

You may need to disconnect any USB devices, other than your keyboard and mouse. Then reboot after adding as single device back in to the system, do this for each device to see which one or which port is causing this issue.
Yep
Definitely booting from SSD (inc EFI folder)
I’ll take all of the USB devices out and give it a go (I use a KVM, so that will be fun) but odd that cold boot is fine

Cheers

T

Cold boot might activate the correct USB ports, the reboot may not. It should never be taken as given that the ports activated by a cold boot will be the same when the system is rebooting.

It is why the USB configuration in macOS is so important to a stable and smooth running Hack.

Finally managed to get under my desk and pull out all of the USB's (except the KVM) and the reboot failed/crashed. Will leave it for now, until I have more time but might just look at getting a new PC (this one is 7+ years old)
Cheers
T

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back