i7 6700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I was following this guide to update my wife's Mini ITX build which was running High Sierra 10.3.6:

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/update-directly-to-macos-mojave.260654/

Core i5 7600K - Gigabyte GA-Z270N-WIFI - HD630

I updated Clover to the latest, as well as Lilu and Shiki kexts.

I downloaded the Mojave installer from the App Store and ran it.

After a couple of reboots all I get is a Clover screen with no disks showing up.

Does anyone have any idea what has gone wrong and where I should go from here?

Note that High Sierra was running on HFS+. I had assumed the Mojave installed would change that to APFS as part of the install...or not?

Was I supposed to copy apfs.efi to /EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI/ first?

Any way I can do that now after the fact?

Last edited:
OK so I removed the boot disk and put apfs.efi in EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI/

The boot drive now shows up, but I am still not able to get anywhere. I booted in verbose and got this:

IMG_3426.jpg

Any help?

Sorry this is sideways...have no idea why.

I was following this guide to update my wife's Mini ITX build which was running High Sierra 10.3.6:

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/update-directly-to-macos-mojave.260654/

Core i5 7600K - Gigabyte GA-Z270N-WIFI - HD630

I updated Clover to the latest, as well as Lilu and Shiki kexts.

I downloaded the Mojave installer from the App Store and ran it.

After a couple of reboots all I get is a Clover screen with no disks showing up.

Does anyone have any idea what has gone wrong and where I should go from here?

Note that High Sierra was running on HFS+. I had assumed the Mojave installed would change that to APFS as part of the install...or not?

Was I supposed to copy apfs.efi to /EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI/ first?

Any way I can do that now after the fact?
  • The problem most likely resulted from not having the right /drivers/64UEFI folder contents in the System Disk after your Clover EFI upgrade.
    • I realize some of the things are NOT emphasized enough in many GUIDES about Clover Installation or Clover Update.
  • Anytime you perform Clover install or Upgrade on any disk (system or Installer disk) , it is up to you to check the Contents of the EFI Folder and CLOVER FileTree thoroughly; specifically the /EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI , EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other and ALL SECTIONS of config.plist to make sure the installed Clover Boot Loader will take that disk to its ultimate target destination screen on boot.
  • Since you are unable to access the Disk you cannot fix the problem.

• To explore indirect method of accessing CLOVER from the non-booting disk is something you can try.

• Although it may not succeed, you can still try booting the system with a maCOS Installer disk to see if it can load the System Disk to Clover Boot Manager and then you can switch to the System disk and boot it with the Clover containing Installer disk helping it to reach its destination login -screen and Desktop to repair the CLOVER.

• Do you have another Hackintosh Desktop to try and repair the System Disk of this one?
  • Do you have another Disk with Windows 10 Running in this MiniItx?

As I said in post #2, the system is now able to access the boot drive, so that issue is solved. However, I am not able to boot all the way to the desktop. I booted in verbose mode and you see the results in the photo. Any clues there?

As I said in post #2, the system is now able to access the boot drive, so that issue is solved. However, I am not able to boot all the way to the desktop. I booted in verbose mode and you see the results in the photo. Any clues there?
zip and upload your clover folder

OK so I removed the boot disk and put apfs.efi in EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI/

The boot drive now shows up, but I am still not able to get anywhere. I booted in verbose and got this:

View attachment 376985

Any help?

Sorry this is sideways...have no idea why.
  • I was probably typing my response while you posted this.
  • In your post you had not mentioned anything about your System Disk. Are you using an Me-2 SSD?

• You would have seen what I wrote in my earlier post now.
  • Apparently you had already tried to fix one issue by repairing your /drivers64UEFI connecting the disk but not the ideal way currently used. But it did help you fix the "Missing System Disk in CBM Screen" problem.
  • You should also have fixed the /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other folder with latest Lilu+Latest WhateverGreen.kext+ Latest AppleALC.kext+Latest FakeSMC.kext and XHCIunsupported. kext
  • So you can try that now and reboot and see.

zip and upload your clover folder
Sorry, I missed your response while making my own post.
I like your approach better because we can actually directly analyze the problem with CLOVER and give the right suggestion!

Sorry, I missed your response while making my own post.
I like your approach better because we can actually directly analyze the problem with CLOVER and give the right suggestion!
:) it saves trying to guess what is happening :)

:) it saves trying to guess what is happening :)
EXACTLY!:)
Currently the Bootloader does not know what to do with the Intel HD IGFX. Its /CLOVER/kexts/Other folder may not have the support kexts it needs to load the drivers.

I'm using a SATA attached SSD (Samsung).

Attached is the Clover folder.

I'm leaving for a funeral so it will be a couple hours before I can respond. Thank you so much for trying to help me!

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    7.1 MB · Views: 44
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back