Gigabyte GA-Z97X-UD5H-BK
CPU
i7
Graphics
GTX 760
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Hello,

I've had my hackintosh running for a few months now just fine, but it is starting to boot really slowly recently. I've looked and tried a few fixes, that shaved off about half of the loading time, but now Im stuck.

I've disabled TRIM added config.plist/Boot/Debug=false

Initially the time it took to load from the bios screen to "scan entries" was also very slow until I edited the Boot Debug to false. This was about a 2minute wait. Loading up to the clover GUI is fixed.

Now it is slowing down on the apple logo. It loads about half way very quickly then slows down after that. The entire start up is 2-3minutes at the apple logo. After disabling TRIM, it still takes 2-3 minutes at the logo.

Anyway to speed this process up? And what is causing it?
If any other information is needed to help diagnose the issue, please let me know and I can provide it.

Z97X-UD5H-BK
4.3 GHz Intel Core i7
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 2048 MB
High Sierra 10.13.6

Hello,

I've had my hackintosh running for a few months now just fine, but it is starting to boot really slowly recently. I've looked and tried a few fixes, that shaved off about half of the loading time, but now Im stuck.

I've disabled TRIM added config.plist/Boot/Debug=false

Initially the time it took to load from the bios screen to "scan entries" was also very slow until I edited the Boot Debug to false. This was about a 2minute wait. Loading up to the clover GUI is fixed.

Now it is slowing down on the apple logo. It loads about half way very quickly then slows down after that. The entire start up is 2-3minutes at the apple logo. After disabling TRIM, it still takes 2-3 minutes at the logo.

Anyway to speed this process up? And what is causing it?
If any other information is needed to help diagnose the issue, please let me know and I can provide it.

Z97X-UD5H-BK
4.3 GHz Intel Core i7
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 2048 MB
High Sierra 10.13.6
you can boot verbose to see where it takes the longest......

you can boot verbose to see where it takes the longest......
Busy timeout [0] 60s: 'IOHDAcodecfunction', 'IOResources'

It hung up here twice. Second message being Busy timeout [1] 60s

Once that message appeared a second time, more data began to process and it loaded my desktop

Thanks for the quick replies.

Attachments

• IMAG0147.jpg
    IMAG0147.jpg
    4.6 MB · Views: 282
Last edited:
Cant find what that means. Any insight?

zip and upload just your clover folder so someone can take a look

Sorry for the delay. had urgent matter to attend to and did not have a chance to get back to working on my machine.
i've attached the clover zip

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    3.7 MB · Views: 168
Sorry for the delay. had urgent matter to attend to and did not have a chance to get back to working on my machine.
i've attached the clover zip
no need to inject Intel graphics when you are using Nvidia graphics

I was working on a few issues that popped up around the same time all at once. For some reason my SIP was enabled again... disabled it. Boots in 20secs now and my HDMI audio is working again.

Only other issue I'm having is when I switch from Windows to the MAC side, the ethernet cuts out and I have to unplug it and replug it.

Thanks for the earlier replies/assistance! Didn't necessarily directly help this issue, but you 2 did help me knock out some solutions! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back