Contribute
Register

[RESOLVED] Realtek ALC236?

Status
Not open for further replies.
AppleHDA.kext is vanilla, I haven't changed it. There was a whole bunch of "No Binary patch stuff"
you haven't installed any other AppleHDA.kext to try getting it going when you reboot notice if it patches AppleHDA should do it 6 times and will likely see a bunch that it doesn't should be expected also note you will have to add the IRQ dsdt patch if you boot up to clover an hold F4 for 5 seconds and the go to /Volumes/EFI/EFI/Clover/ACPI/origin you OEM dsdt will be in there if using a UEFI boot loader and post it here I will patch it for you or I can lead you to a link to where you can do it your self If you installed the boot loader in Legacy mode it will be in /YourDriveName/EFI/Clover/ACPI/origin

There lines saying "Sound assertion in AppleHDA", even without the ALC236 kext, but there is no sound output device afterwards. I am using the latest Clover in UEFI mode and have the DSDT/SSDT patched. Below are the patches I have in DSDT:

• DSDT_patched
  • Rename _DSM methods to XDSM
  • Rename GFX0 to IGPU
  • Fix _WAK Arg0 v2
  • HPET Fix
  • SMBUS Fix
  • IRQ Fix
  • RTC Fix
  • OS Check Fix Windows 8
  • Fix Mutex with non-zero SyncLevel
  • Skylake LPC
  • USB3_PRW 0x6D Skylake
  • Shutdown Fix v2
  • battery_Lenovo-Ideapad-Y700
  • system_IMEI

I got it working. Found more info on another site, not sure if I'm allowed to add links here. Also for Sierra need to disable one of the patches.
  • If you're on El Capitan, disable Apple ALC 236 #5
  • If you're on Sierra, disable Apple ALC 236 #4
Thanks for your help!

I got it working. Found more info on another site, not sure if I'm allowed to add links here. Also for Sierra need to disable one of the patches.
  • If you're on El Capitan, disable Apple ALC 236 #5
  • If you're on Sierra, disable Apple ALC 236 #4
Thanks for your help!

Hi, My Miix700 have the same problem.... Can you share your efi and kext files? thank you~~~

Hi, My Miix700 have the same problem.... Can you share your efi and kext files? thank you~~~

Here is my full EFI. I had almost everything working, but I switched to HP Elite X2. The cameras are I2C and no drivers for those, plus I couldn't get the touchscreen to work either. Good luck.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    24.1 MB · Views: 481
Here is my full EFI. I had almost everything working, but I switched to HP Elite X2. The cameras are I2C and no drivers for those, plus I couldn't get the touchscreen to work either. Good luck.

Thank you !~~

Still no sound...:(
But the applehda.kext can be loaded.

Open your config file in Clover configurator.
  1. Make sure you have the HDAS to HDEF patch enabled in ACPI section.
  2. Set Audio inject to 1 and check the ResetHDA AFGLowPowerState boxes in Devices section
  3. Under Kernel and Kext Patches, make sure you have all 6 patches copied from my config and are enabled.
  4. Disable patch 4 if you're running Sierra or patch 5 if you're running El Capitan
  5. Install attached AppleHDA with KextWizard or EasyKextPro in your S/L/E, not in Clover/kexts
  6. Reboot

Attachments

• AppleHDA.kext.zip
    1.2 MB · Views: 611
  • Audio Fixes.txt
    1.5 KB · Views: 789
Open your config file in Clover configurator.
  1. Make sure you have the HDAS to HDEF patch enabled in ACPI section.
  2. Set Audio inject to 1 and check the ResetHDA AFGLowPowerState boxes in Devices section
  3. Under Kernel and Kext Patches, make sure you have all 6 patches copied from my config and are enabled.
  4. Disable patch 4 if you're running Sierra or patch 5 if you're running El Capitan
  5. Install attached AppleHDA with KextWizard or EasyKextPro in your S/L/E, not in Clover/kexts
  6. Reboot

It's working! Yeah! :clap::thumbup:
Thanks for your help!~~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back