Contribute
Register

[Resolved] High Sierra PB3/DB4 issue (GA-B75M-D3V / i5 3570K)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-B75M-D3V
CPU
i5 3570K
Graphics
HD4000
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Funny but i have tried to update PB3/DB4 both through App store and through USB - but it just doesn't reflect at all. The initial installation goes through but post restart step, no further installation process kicks in...

Using clover 4128, apfs.efi is present and all other external disks have been removed. It doesn't matter whether i select preboot or macos or recovery...

Has anyone faced this?

It is recommended that you use the latest boot clover. Using config.plist and Kext from PB2/DB3
Good luck..

It is recommended that you use the latest boot clover. Using config.plist and Kext from PB2/DB3
Good luck..

Finally upgraded to PB4/DP5 but the only way to get this is download the full beta and create a USB.
Even then, some precautions -
1. Easier to do if only the drive you want to upgrade is connected.
2. Must make sure latest clover and apfs.efi (from latest beta software is used). Old apfs.efi may cause some issues which are not really actual hard corruption of your drive but just the way apfs is setup!!! Apple needs to make this apfs better...
3. Clean up your bios boot entries otherwise restarts get messy and if you are not attending the whole upgrade process you may miss out monitoring right entry to boot from...

Always make sure you have a time backup on a separate disk. fortunately i experimented on a spare disk before i did on my main disk, so never required a restore... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back