Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 UD
CPU
i5-9600K
Graphics
UHD 630
Hello guys,

Since Big Sur was released to the App Store I'm trying to update to it but with no luck :(
Currently I'm using OpenCore 0.6.4 on a 10.15.7 Catalina and everything works well. (I had a hackintosh from a time where there was a Mojave and a Clover out there).

I've tried updating from inside Catalina and from a usb-stick.
When using a usb-stick the installer goes till a "about 12 minutes left"-state, at this time if I would drag a mouse it will do it very slow and sometimes even a progress ring is coming up.

Please look at the video:

Then a black screen is coming up and after a while the system is automatically reboots.

When the system starts again I choose a volume with an OpenCore, then choose a volume to continue installation. (this time I was trying to install Big Sur to an external usb-stick). The progress bar with an Apple logo goes a bit further and then something bad (I guess) is printed on the screen and a video signal is being lost.

My system is:
Gigabyte Z390 Ultra durable
Intel Core i5-9600K (I use integrated UHD 630 with a hdmi-cable)
DDR4 32Gb
SSD Samsung 970 Pro

Attachments

• config.plist
    25.8 KB · Views: 78
"Since Big Sur was released to the App Store I'm trying to update to it but with no luck :(
Currently I'm using OpenCore 0.6.4 on a 10.15.7 Catalina and everything works well."

I just upgraded from Catalina 10.15.7 (build 19H114) to Big Sur 11.1 (build 20C69), using OpenCore 0.6.4 and Software Update. No problems, hands-off (completely automatic), and took about 24 minutes from beginning of installation to new screen. Several restarts, with correct volume always picked by the installer. Maybe my attached EFI folder will help. (You fill in "Generic" platform information in config.plist.)
[Edit: Note that in config.list/DeviceProperties/Add, I use "AAPL,ig-platform-id/4 bytes: 0300913E" because I have a dedicated graphics unit. You would need to change that number to match your internal graphics. See choices in the other attachment.]

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    9 MB · Views: 273
  • Screen Shot 2020-12-22 at 5.42.16 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2020-12-22 at 5.42.16 PM.jpg
    134.3 KB · Views: 139
Last edited:

@wstrohm,​

thank you for participating! I'm writing this message from a Big Sur 11.1 :)
I've done a few things since the start of the topic:
1. Updated kexts
Lilu 1.4.7 -> 1.5.0
WhateverGreen 1.4.2 -> 1.4.5
AppleALC 1.5.2 -> 1.5.5
VirtualSMC 1.1.6 -> 1.1.9
2. Removed unnecessary drivers from OC/Drivers, now there is only three: HfsPlus.efi, OpenRuntime.efi, OpenCanopy.efi (not sure if I need this, I thought I've deleted this one also o_O ).

At this point I've tried to update again and it failed, so I don't think these steps helped. Then

3. I've reread docs about SSDTs and noticed that I'm missing SSDT-PMC.aml. I think earlier I'm just confused my motherboard series and thought that I don't need it (I confused my Z390 with Z370).

4. I've refreshed an installer to version 11.1 (before I had 11.0.1 if I'm not mistaken)

And then the MacOS successfully updated through a Software Updater.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back