Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Z270E
CPU
I7 6700k
Graphics
1070 8gb OC
Hello,

So I'm a relatively stubborn guy who, when told the GTX 1070 didnt have drivers/kexts proceeded anyway. So with this I just have a few questions regarding my scenario.

1. I understand I will have 0 hardware acceleration, and that's fine currently with the setup everything runs smooth AF. However the resolution is all wonky, is this a bi-product or is this something I can mitigate.

2. I was told that I might be able to configure Clover to disable my GPU when booting into Mojave, and output to integrated graphics from my CPU, is there a good resource on how to do this, or if it'd even be worth it if windows are opening fine.

3. I have built in WiFi on my MB but my understanding is there isn't any hope of enabling it. However, I do have a Rosewill RNX-N150PCe v2 laying around, is this something that I could get working on my Hackintosh. If not what is a good, preferably cheap PCI-E based wifi card I could get?

Thank you very much for your help, Brady

CPU: Intel I7 6700k
GPU: ROG 1070 8GB OC
MB: Asus ROG z270e
Clover build: r5092
Let me know if there is any other specs you need, I'd be happy to supply them.

Hello,

So I'm a relatively stubborn guy who, when told the GTX 1070 didn't have drivers/kexts proceeded anyway. So with this I just have a few questions regarding my scenario.

1. I understand I will have 0 hardware acceleration, and that's fine currently with the setup everything runs smooth AF. However the resolution is all wonky, is this a bi-product or is this something I can mitigate.

2. I was told that I might be able to configure Clover to disable my GPU when booting into Mojave, and output to integrated graphics from my CPU, is there a good resource on how to do this, or if it'd even be worth it if windows are opening fine.

3. I have built in WiFi on my MB but my understanding is there isn't any hope of enabling it. However, I do have a Rosewill RNX-N150PCe v2 laying around, is this something that I could get working on my Hackintosh. If not what is a good, preferably cheap PCI-E based wifi card I could get?

Thank you very much for your help, Brady

CPU: Intel I7 6700k
GPU: ROG 1070 8GB OC
MB: Asus ROG z270e
Clover build: r5092
Let me know if there is any other specs you need, I'd be happy to supply them.

(1) No, you cannot do anything about the resolution if you insist on the GTX 1070. The GTX 1070 is not supported in MacOS Mojave due to lack of drivers, and without those drivers you cannot change the resolution.

(2) It seems that there is a way to disable the GTX 1070 while in MacOS and use the CPU integrated graphics. Check this for a possible solution.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back