Contribute
Register

Resolution stuck at 1280x1024 on Mojave

Status
Not open for further replies.
I apologize for my lack of understanding the Mac operating system. This is my 2nd attempt at installing Hackintosh and so far has been very successful with the help of some others in the forums. Everything seems to work very well out of the box and very little 'modding' has been done to get to the point where I am now.

My problem is that my resolution is stuck at 1280x1024 in Display Preferences under 'scaled'. There are not an other options available to me. Like my previous problems, I've searched around and tried various tutorials but none of them have worked for my specific scenario. I've read that drivers for Mojave may not be available for Nvidia cards yet but those were generally posted months ago so I haven't seen much recently. Throughout the UI there is some bad glitching with the graphics. This is really the last issue that I'm having with my MacOS install.

My setup:
Intel Core i7 6700k
EVGA Nvidia GTX 980 ACX 2.0
32gb of DDR4 RAM
Samsung 960 Pro NVME SSD
4k Display at 60hertz

Before installing Mojave, I was running Windows 10 on this machine at 4k resolution (60hertz). I know that my GPU is capable of pushing the pixels, I just am not sure how to get it to that resolution or even something closer (1440p). Everything is really big and pixilated right now and makes the user experience less than desirable. I've tried using Pixel Clock Patch V2 & SwitchResX Control but neither work. (SwitchResX shows 'not activated - invalid').

I'd prefer to not have to downgrade to High Sierra if possible due to the amount of time it takes me to install Hackintosh (very slow USB speeds). Thank you in advance for any help :D

P.S. SIP is disabled :)

GTX980 is not supported, no solution for that GPU at the moment on Mojave.

You can only try to boot on the iGPU but, of course, all 3D apps will be slow but at least it will be usable.
If you want full GTX 980 support, High Sierra is the only option.

GTX980 is not supported, no solution for that GPU at the moment on Mojave.

You can only try to boot on the iGPU but, of course, all 3D apps will be slow but at least it will be usable.
If you want full GTX 980 support, High Sierra is the only option.

That's definitely not what I wanted to hear haha. Is there an easier way of going about downgrading to High Sierra without creating a bootable USB and re-installing the OS? Thanks :)

If you did a fresh install of Mojave or do not have any time machine backup of previous MacOS, no.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back