Contribute
Register

Requirements for Pixelmator Pro

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not being familiar with the App Store submission process, I asked Pixelmator if Apple requires the system check. Apparently not! So if they wanted to, they could lift this limitation themselves. Sheesh.

"It’s more or less voluntary. Not many people read the system requirements particularly carefully, so we’ve decided to err on the side of caution for now. However, I have some hope this will be addressed in the future."

Well, Pixelmator Pro does require the Mac is Metal2 compatible for some of its features. So it's smart on their end to be checking models to make sure it's one that does support Metal2 via Apple's list, otherwise they will just get bad reviews from crashes where people are using old hardware and didn't read the requirements. But it does seem there is an issue with that check where it's looking at information beyond just the Mac model number. Otherwise both of my Mac14,2 would work per Apple's list.

Well, Pixelmator Pro does require the Mac is Metal2 compatible for some of its features. So it's smart on their end to be checking models to make sure it's one that does support Metal2 via Apple's list, otherwise they will just get bad reviews from crashes where people are using old hardware and didn't read the requirements. But it does seem there is an issue with that check where it's looking at information beyond just the Mac model number. Otherwise both of my Mac14,2 would work per Apple's list.

I would think people dropping that kind of money on an app would do a LITTLE research before clicking "buy". Honestly, I don't think the buyer's computer should be the seller's problem—when purchasing an iPhone case, I'm not required to pass a test proving I own the right kind of iPhone. This is what refunds are for.

In any case, since the "system requirements" check they use is broken, they shouldn't be using it.

Yes, I'm mildly annoyed. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back