Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
NA
CPU
NA
Graphics
NA
Hi,

I am a 6 core trash can (Mac Pro Late 2013 16 GB Ram), looking now to shift from the machine lately giving me a lot freezing up problem, desperately want built an Hackintosh. Would request for expert advice and comments, to build a superior machine than i currently use. I need to build the machine for Video Editing and Graphics.
Thinking to go with following confirmation but really need to know if the same will work some other things are required:

Mainboard: Gigabyte Z390 AORUS PRO WIFI

GPU - Xfx Radeon Rx Vega 56

Power Supply, CPU Coolers, Ram 32 GB & Case - Cosair (I guess it's stable & available)
HDD - EVO Samsung or Transcendence
CPU: I am really confused as Core i9-9900K is very expensive, is it better than i9-7900X?

I don’t need Wi-Fi, Bluetooth thunderbolt I can live without it or.
Will this above configuration run? Would request you to please let me know if I need to add up something or modify my as per my requirement.

Thanks! KJ

I am really confused as Core i9-9900K is very expensive
Compared to what the new 2019 Mac Pro will cost, the i9-9900K hackintosh is not expensive at all. It sells for $499 right now on Amazon.com You get 8 cores and 16 threads and the option to overclock quite easily. It's actually a great value for the performace you'll get. Many times better than your trashcan Mac Pro that is already obsolete and probably cost you around $4,000 six years ago. At least you should be able to sell that and recover some of that money.

I'm estimating that the new 2019 MP will start at $5,000 for an 8 core version. An i9 Hackintosh will be about half that price.

Last edited:
Hi, Thanks for your reply! I totally agree with your point. But is my listed configuration is ok for building an Hackintosh, Any inputs? Also in comparison with my current 3.5GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon E5 which one is better i9-7900X or i9-9900K?

The i9-7900X requires the X299 chipset. Would need a different board and is much more complicated to set up.
If you want to save some money, you can also get the 8700K and a z370 board. When you delid and overclock this CPU you can get close to 9900K stock performance.
However, if you get the 9900K with a z390 board, you have a more future-proof system. It will perform great at stock frequencies now, but if you delid and overclock it will still fly a few years from now.
Regarding z390
boards, I'd buy the GA z370 Designare as there is the wonderful guide from @CaseySJ that is well progressed and will have solid support given its huge following:

In fact, I would recommend just to build that system since it will save you so much trouble. Things are still being figured out with z390 and having a guide to follow is incredibly helpful when building your first Hackintosh.

In fact, I would recommend just to build that system since it will save you so much trouble. Things are still being figured out with z390 and having a guide to follow is incredibly helpful when building your first Hackintosh.
+1 on this. For a first time builder with no experience, maybe not fluent in the English language, just duplicate a successful guide/User Build like the one by CaseySJ and it will save you a lot of time and headaches. His guide provides all ready made files and kexts needed and clear step by step instructions. Support if you get stuck. That's really the way to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back