Graphics
HD687AZHFC AMD Radeon HD 6870 1024MB GDDR5 PCIe 2.1 x16
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
  2. PowerBook
  3. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
A few nights ago I experienced the lagging mouse for the first time. 09/30/2018 was my successful install of 10.11.6 with all working fine. I had read about the USB issues but all was working well, so I did not edit anything.

When the issues occurred, I read many threads on the issues users were having with the mouse lag. I am having no other issues with USB devices. So as an experiment, I cleaned the kextcache and rebooted to see what would happen:
Code:
sudo kextcache -u /

This fixed the problem. But will it reoccur? I feel that it probably will. So my question to the group, what issue does this solution indicate? Does the fact that clearing the kextcache give you an idea of what the issue is and to which steps should I follow to permeantly fix the lagging mouse? Or should I do nothing? What can I learn from this experience.

Thanks ahead of time.

Thanks for the info Feartech. Zipped file is attached.

Attachments

• debug_4558.zip
    4 MB · Views: 106
Thanks for the info Feartech. Zipped file is attached.
in your config.plist:
try setting these to true:

Code:
<key>USB</key>
        <dict>
            <key>FixOwnership</key>
            <false/>
            <key>Inject</key>
            <false/>
        </dict>

this should be set to Detect:

Code:
<key>InjectKexts</key>
        <string>YES</string>

your profile mentions AMD Radeon, but you are injecting Intel graphics in your system, maybe set Intel to false:

Code:
<key>Graphics</key>
    <dict>
        <key>Inject</key>
        <dict>
            <key>ATI</key>
            <false/>
            <key>Intel</key>
            <true/>
            <key>NVidia</key>
            <false/>
        </dict>
    </dict>

should be set to 0x67:
Code:
<key>CsrActiveConfig</key>
        <string>0x3</string>

Thanks for the info Feartech. I made the changes and all seems fine. I attached the updated reporting files to verify but I should be good to go. I appreciate your time!

Attachments

• debug_12555.zip
    3.4 MB · Views: 100
Thanks for the info Feartech. I made the changes and all seems fine. I attached the updated reporting files to verify but I should be good to go. I appreciate your time!
there maybe another thing you can try, is to use Rehabman's version of clover and then add in PluginType=True in your config.plist, this will mean you can remove your SSDT-SB-i7.aml file from ACPI folder

https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/clover/downloads/

and you can check out one of the config.plist's where PluginType belongs (example):
https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Clover-Laptop-Config/blob/master/config_HD515_520_530_540.plist

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back