Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
A Newbee Question

Is there a DSDT file for an Asus P5Q DEluxe for latest BIOS which is version....2301

if I use this will it corrupt hardware for Win & install??????

Thanks

Hi applepocalipse,

here is a copy of my Asus P5Q Deluxe DSDT edited from BIOS version 2301

it won't corrupt your Windows install setup because the DSDT will only be called for when booting OS X

the Asus P5Q Deluxe ADI Audio and Marvell LAN kext are not available in MultiBeast so just click the link on my Signature to get the supported kexts ;)

Attachments

• dsdt.aml
    37.5 KB · Views: 824
FYI: I did not need a DSDT for my P5Q-deluxe using Multibeast 4.6. (Should I have used one? I chose EasyBeast, which work just fine).

Thanks for the Sound/Networking Driver links!

no that's okay morrie14,

if you're happy with your EasyBeast install and it's doing everything you want it to do then you don't need the DSDT (as the saying goes - if it ain't broke... !)

The advantage of the DSDT is to minimise the use of so many kexts that EasyBeast needs to use to make your PC run OS X

Running an OS Update on an exisiting EasyBeast install will likely result in your EasyBeast kexts being overwritten.

With this DSDT, you're not relying on kexts so much. You get perminent native Sleep (incl. Power Button sleep), wake, power management to name but a few. My PC does not kernel panic unless i'm purposely messing with it.

If you want to use the DSDT then you'll need to delete all the kext that EasyBeast installed then you will need to run MultiBeast with the DSDT placed on the desktop, UserDSDT checked and System Utilities checked.

Of course you'll still need to install the Audio and LAN kext ;)

Hej Robbish

you seem like a wizard so humbley ask you my newbie question for my first hackintosh ( in a G5 kabinet though HAHA:))

I have a

Asus P5q deluxe motherboard and i updated the bios to the latest 2301
CPU is quad core 2.8 (12 mb l2 cache)
Zodiac Nvidia 260gtx 896 ram
8 gigabyte ddr2 ram
WD 320 2.5 Hard drive (used to be in my macbook)

i have tried downloading the one you posted in here but my computer gets stuck on the grey screen with the grey apple logo

do i need to patch it with and editor and where can i get the pacth information ...

i would really like the best possible install :) pls help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back