1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hi Everyone,

Nice place you got here :)

So I am looking for a little help here. I decided to forego Windows and build a Hackintosh. The Mobo is a Asus Prime Z270-K with an unlocked i7-7700K CPU. 64 GB Corsair RAM and a 1 TB Samsung NVMe drive.

So I can get everything installed to where I can use MacOS on first boot and the shocking low res :D and open safari etc. However if I try and run Multibeast and go with the NON legacy option and reboot I get dumped at the BIOS because it cannot boot from the NVMe drive (having removed the USB stick). At this point trying to use the Unibeast to boot from is a sorry state of affairs, the white progress bar takes about thirty mins to completes but never goes off that screen, despite reaching 100%, even after several hours.

I have also made sure that I followed the BIOS config as documented in the Mojave Unibeast thread

Last edited:
Just to say (as I cant seem to edit the post... Any advice much appreciated!

Sorry, to be clear, I did. I ran Multiboot once the initial system had booted into OS X

Ok I was being a numpty ;) When I was installing the "boot infrastructure" I was selecting the USB stick, not the NVMe, hence why the USB disk was trashed :)

Works almost flawlessly now, even reboot and shutdown. The only thing that doesnt work is the dual monitors (one DVI, one HDMI.) They mirror each other but cant get them split out. I am sure I will sort it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back