Graphics
Intel HD 4000, 1600x900
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Sorry if I get a bit of topic, but what kext you use to display the fan speed? Or does that work only if your fan is always on?

Battery Manager with Fix for Boot without Batteries

Sorry if I get a bit of topic, but what kext you use to display the fan speed? Or does that work only if your fan is always on?

Fan speed display is combination of FakeSMC + ACPISensors + DSDT patch. Then add your favorite "FakeSMC sensor aware app", be that HWMonitor or others...

Fan speed display is combination of FakeSMC + ACPISensors + DSDT patch. Then add your favorite "FakeSMC sensor aware app", be that HWMonitor or others...
I applied your 04_FanPatch.txt and got the latest FakeSMC, ACPISensors, but it still does not show, maybe there are differences since the fan behaviour seems different too. Did you get any feedback from people with the 4x40s series?

I applied your 04_FanPatch.txt and got the latest FakeSMC, ACPISensors, but it still does not show, maybe there are differences since the fan behaviour seems different too. Did you get any feedback from people with the 4x40s series?

What do you mean by "latest" ACPISensors?

Binaries_rev633.tar.lzma from Slice, link... Something wrong with that?

Yes, we use a slightly modified slice version (just Info.plist difference). Best to just use the one in the Probook Installer.

Yes, we use a slightly modified slice version (just Info.plist difference). Best to just use the one in the Probook Installer.
That one works, but it comes with a strange side effect, my fan wont stop spinning even if the CPU temperature is in the high thirties, it just keeps spinning at low speed (around 2500rpm)... Without this kext my fan starts to spin at around 50C and stops around 45C.

That one works, but it comes with a strange side effect, my fan wont stop spinning even if the CPU temperature is in the high thirties, it just keeps spinning at low speed (around 2500rpm)... Without this kext my fan starts to spin at around 50C and stops around 45C.

That is the correct behavior with 04_FanPatch.txt, the patch you used for your DSDT. Also, realize it is not really the kext that changes the behavior, it is the act of running HwMonitor (each time HwMonitor queries the fan speed, fan speed is adjusted per DSDT method).

The 04_FanExperimental.txt allows for further customization of the fan speeds. It is probably worthwhile to spend some time in RW-Everything on Windows, to see if the 4x40s series has a different behavior as far as fan speed steppings. See my fan thread for details: http://www.tonymacx86.com/hp-probook/72043-new-fan-control-dsdt-silent-fan-higher-temps.html. For instructions on RW-Everything, see this post (same thread): http://www.tonymacx86.com/hp-proboo...sdt-silent-fan-higher-temps-4.html#post450855

BTW, we are officially "off topic" now...

I would advise against blindly applying dsdt patches. I wrote fan patch, later known as 04_FanPatch specifically for 4530S series. I probably should do a better job at commenting what each line of code does. I used AIDA64 to get registers and RW-Everything. More details here:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/hp-probook-4530s/47612-anyone-have-quiet-fan-6.html#post315339

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back