Contribute
Register

Report your NVIDIA Web Driver and CUDA issues and I'll pass them on to the developers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Update on wake from sleep 4k monitor:
Only 4k monitor connected >> same result. Will not always wake from sleep.
Tried adding a second NVIDIA GTX 980TI and connect one monitor to each of the cards, same result. Low res monitor wakes, 4k monitor sometimes.
And this is when connected ont the DP, HDMI is fine (except for the 'snow' sometimes after wake or res switch).

Turning off CSM in BIOS >> no change.
Windows always fine, so related to OS X or NVIDIA drives for OS X.

This is an issue many users report, it is not related to just one brand of 4k monitor or motherboard brand.

I do hope this get fixed someday.....

I'm having some issues with my displayport 4k single monitor setup using a MSI 1030 GT LP as well. It wakes from sleep about 90% of the time but the rest of the time it will not get a signal. The display always gets a signal when booting up though.

I know it's not exactly the most high-end card available but I feel like the desktop performance (no gaming or anything intensive at all) isn't really where it should be either when compared to Intel HD Graphics. Not a big deal but definitely seems like something isn't 100%.

Yes, only DisplayPort and only the 4k monitor!
I tried a second cable but same result.
I will see if they are DisplayPort certified and if not I will order one simply to test.
Tried a VESA certified cable with the same result.
Let's hope it will get fixed someday...
meanwhile I'l use the HDMI cable.

CUDA displays "no gpu detected" for NVIDIA GeForce GT 1030

I would like to see Nvidia doing the HW decoding too in the OS, specially now High Sierra has HEVC support and Pascal GPUs have the latest VP9 capabilities, it would be interesting if it took advantage of my gpu rather than software renderer and hurt my CPU. As metal 2 is trying to open its door to eGPU, maybe this will be easier in 10.13 and the UI being completely driven by Metal this time, so it will be great to see that the OS talks to our GPUs much better than just CUDA enabled apps.

CUDA displays "no gpu detected" for NVIDIA GeForce GT 1030

Yep, thats because CUDA 8 doenst support Pascal.
But ... :)
The CUDA 9 RC (i think comming soon) supports Pascal (up up to Sierra).

I am running CUDA 9 RC driver and really works good (with CUDA apps ready for CVUDA 9 of course - CUDA-Z isnt working).
Bildschirmfoto 2017-09-26 um 08.23.27.jpg

Attachments

• Bildschirmfoto 2017-09-24 um 11.21.02.jpg
    Bildschirmfoto 2017-09-24 um 11.21.02.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 121
  • Bildschirmfoto 2017-09-24 um 11.15.13.jpg
    Bildschirmfoto 2017-09-24 um 11.15.13.jpg
    131.8 KB · Views: 115
Last edited:
Gt 1030 not waking from sleep. It reboots instead. I don’t know if it’s a driver issue or my system, but it isn’t working and it’s really frustrating me. Are there issues with the drivers that prevent sleep?

Gt 1030 not waking from sleep. It reboots instead. I don’t know if it’s a driver issue or my system, but it isn’t working and it’s really frustrating me. Are there issues with the drivers that prevent sleep?
No Driver Issue.

Possibly Darkwake setting or other reason.

Problems with sleep I mentioned earlier in this thread most likely not related to nvidia webdriver.
Managed to fix it by omitting nvidiagraphicsfixup.kext and using applegraphicsdevicepolicy kext to patch by piker for smbios 6,1/15,1/17,1 for blackscreen issue. (Sierra 10.12.6 as well as high sierra 10.13.0).

Most likely related to USB configuration and Powermanagement.
Implement native Powermanagement by using plugintype = 1 method (native xcpm) for your system, implement usb configuration by using proper usb-ssdt/uiac-ssdt.aml.

I am just guessing here because i dont know the details of your configuration.

Attach ioregistryexplorer save file (search how to do that), config.plist, list of kexta used, system config/components.
if i find the time i‘ll have a look at it.

GTX 960:

1. Black Screen when trying to use 3 monitors (2xDVI + DP) or (DVI + HDMI + DP) - tried everything, it works without issues on El Capitan
2. Low performance, Chrome is freezing, moving any windows is freezing (not in a way like driver is not installed, they are just lagging
3. Not waking from sleep, tried Darkwake fix, changing SMBIOS etc.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back