Contribute
Register

Report your NVIDIA Web Driver and CUDA issues and I'll pass them on to the developers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does it happen with all songs, i.e. can you reproduce this every time no matter which song you open?

I can try to pass it on, but need more details on how to reproduce, please.

Might be connected to this problem:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...7-constantly-crashing-random-messages.233135/

Try Shiki.kext with bootflag, e.g. shikigva=25.

Apple changed something in the applegva.framework in high sierra that seems to interfere with graphics.

only certains programs are affected, like itunes, finalcut etc.

thats why i am still on sierra 10.12.6

Here another bug report.

Using macOS 10.13.2, webdriver 378.10.10.10.25.102.

Crashing app is Presonus Studio One 3.5.4. It crashes at song loading.
It reproducible always.

Thanks for passing it to nvidia!
does that happen with any song ? Even if you save a song with just one track and reopen it ?

Just downloaded and installed the Studio One 3 Demo (horrible app – feels like using a Windows app :D) and can't reproduce it. I haven't done anything major, but created a new song and added a loop to it.
have you tried saving a song and reloading it ? Above he told that it is crashing when loading a song

I can try to pass it on, but need more details on how to reproduce, please.

There's numerous complaints on the official apple forum with nVidia GPUs (ie 2014 MacBook Pro).

The best way to reproduce it is to have an nVidia GPU and High Sierra.

It's EXTREMELY laggy when you have any Adobe app open especially multiple....and Chrome with hardware acceleration enabled.

The overall UI feels like a Windows 95 machine. I know this is totally an nVidia issue because when I take out the GPU and use the iGPU there is 0 lag and works perfect. But I need CUDA support. I'm gonna be forced to move to AMD if this isn't fixed.

Sierra 10.12.6 ran perfectly fine.

Here's one thread

My overall thoughts: I think it has to do with memory leaks with Metal 2.

On a fresh boot, everything works fine but as time goes on and we launch Photoshop etc which eats up GPU VRAM, it starts to lag really hard.

Last edited:
Yeah the quality management of Apple and the nVidia driver is unbelievable bad.

Last edited:
You guys need to spam tim cooks and craig federighis (macOS/iOS lead) emails.

[email protected]
[email protected]

just pretend you have Mac Pros (5,1) and MacBook Pros and iMacs that use nVidia GPUs.

I sent a few emails to them and I know they have teams that read their emails and they respond.

This is ridiculous. I updated my real MacBook Pro 2014 and it has an nVidia GPU (750m?) and it lags like hell on that too.

I REALLY REALLY hope .3 and .4 fix these issues.

Found another one:

- Open Ableton Live in 4K mode using OS 2x (default scaling)
- Go to ableton settings, ensure resize is set to 100%
- Zoom the song overview by holding down left mouse on the top bar of the view and then drag up and down. It should be butter smooth, 60fps
- Now change the scaling in the ableton settings to 99% or 101%. Re-do the zoom test. It should now stutter a lot.

Seems that scaling is not really working well with the nvidia driver?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back