Contribute
Register

Report your NVIDIA Web Driver and CUDA issues and I'll pass them on to the developers

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have reported the things here so far and got the reply: ”will have the team look over this and dig in”.

Let's hope for the best! :)

I have an issue with my 1070 where it boots to a black screen if I have both of my monitors connected during boot. One is connected by Displayport, the other by DVI. If I have one plugged in when I boot, and then log in normally, then plug in the other, both work fine. So it’s something specifically during boot.

I upgraded from a 970 a while back and never had this problem, so I think it’s Pascal only. I have seen a few other people on Tonymac with the same problem, and no one has come up with a solution yet.

I Own A Zotac NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4095 MB. It keeps crashing my system randomly while using a browser, or going into screensaver mode, sometimes when a menubar is triggered or a video on youtube is playing. Sometimes turning my monitor on and off also causes the same issue. Also my iTunes visualizer stopped working when i installed this card. Can't seem to figure out what is going on. All I can think of is something to do with the drivers.

Update on wake from sleep 4k monitor:
Only 4k monitor connected >> same result. Will not always wake from sleep.
Tried adding a second NVIDIA GTX 980TI and connect one monitor to each of the cards, same result. Low res monitor wakes, 4k monitor sometimes.
And this is when connected ont the DP, HDMI is fine (except for the 'snow' sometimes after wake or res switch).

Turning off CSM in BIOS >> no change.
Windows always fine, so related to OS X or NVIDIA drives for OS X.

This is an issue many users report, it is not related to just one brand of 4k monitor or motherboard brand.

I do hope this get fixed someday.....

Update on wake from sleep 4k monitor:
Only 4k monitor connected >> same result. Will not always wake from sleep.
Tried adding a second NVIDIA GTX 980TI and connect one monitor to each of the cards, same result. Low res monitor wakes, 4k monitor sometimes.
And this is when connected ont the DP, HDMI is fine (except for the 'snow' sometimes after wake or res switch).

Turning off CSM in BIOS >> no change.
Windows always fine, so related to OS X or NVIDIA drives for OS X.

This is an issue many users report, it is not related to just one brand of 4k monitor or motherboard brand.

I do hope this get fixed someday.....

So it's only when using DisplayPort? Then I wonder if it would be possible for you to try with a different cable (one that is DisplayPort certified, if yours is not) – read more here: https://hardforum.com/threads/displayport-cables-must-not-use-pin-20-warning.1803684/

Yes, only DisplayPort and only the 4k monitor!
I tried a second cable but same result.
I will see if they are DisplayPort certified and if not I will order one simply to test.

I do not think its related to the cables - tried a lot of them. I have a relatively stable system now and only get the occasional „not waking up“ with my 4k monitors since i switched to the plugintype=1 powermanagement method from toleda/rehabman. but i do think that the nvidia webdrivers are somewhat buggy in combination with wake and 4k monitors. Would be great if nvidia couöd look into that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back