Contribute
Register

[REPORT] issue with clover 4586 - MacOS 10.13.5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I ran into the same issue by not changing options in clover install. Normally all is ok but with this version clover seems to change one efi file and does not replace with new one. Like @Lundli mentioned, it's the AptioMemoryFix you have to choose. I forgot that and I couldn't boot from any of my USB sticks or anything else. Boot stops at End Randomseed++++.

Here's a solution how to fix it:

1. Press an arrow key when clover comes up so you stop counting down to boot mac os.
2. Choose Clover Shell and hit Enter.
3. Now you should see some FSX: drives (use PgUp/PgDown to view).
4. You can mount a drive with map FSX (where X is the number of the drive you want to mount)
5. Step by step mount the drives. You can go to a drive by typing e.g. FS0:
To change a directory use cd [dir]
List files with ls and use command help to show all commands.
6. One drive should be the EFI drive and one drive with your macos install. Clover does a backup before install (thanks god :)) in the root folder of your macos partition.
7. So go to the backup folder in CLOVER\drivers64UEFI\ and copy the file OsxAptioFix3Drv-64.efi to the same directory in your EFI drive with command cp src dst (src=path to OsxAptioFix3Drv-64.efi; dst=path to destination directory on EFI drive).
8. After that type exit.
9. YOU MUST REBOOT NOW!
10. Now all is fine and be careful at next clover install... like me :banghead:;)

Hope this helps someone...

Update
After that procedure and you install clover 4586 again (with AptioMemoryFix-64 enabled!) or next update check out your EFI drive. When you see AptioMemoryFix-64.efi just delete the old OsxAptioFix3Drv-64.efi
You should do that before reboot!

Update 2
When you install clover 4586 again (or later updates) you should also enable ApfsDriverLoader-64. After that delete apfs.efi in ..\drivers64UEFI folder on your EFI partition. Also check for new AptioInputFix-64 or others you enabled. After install You should always have a look at your efi folder before reboot and check for older versions.
This guide is only to fix boot and get back to mac os.
(Thanks to @MysticalOS and @remanifest for pointing this out)

both shift keys not working to type colon symbol : in FS0: don't know why and this is not hardware problem :( :(

both shift keys not working to type colon symbol : in FS0: don't know why and this is not hardware problem :( :(

I had the same exact issue with the shift keys. Tried multiple USB keyboards to no avail. Luckily I have a SATA to usb cable and just pulled the drive and plugged it into my laptop and moved the missing file to the EFI partition.

Thank you ukulele01 for the fix!

THANK YOU @ukulele01

You helped me fix my work computer / hackintosh! Really appreciate this forum! :thumbup:

I ran into the same issue by not changing options in clover install. Normally all is ok but with this version clover seems to change one efi file and does not replace with new one. Like @Lundli mentioned, it's the AptioMemoryFix you have to choose. I forgot that and I couldn't boot from any of my USB sticks or anything else. Boot stops at End Randomseed++++.

1. Press an arrow key when clover comes up so you stop counting down to boot mac os.
4. You can mount a drive with map FSX (where X is the number of the drive you want to mount)
6. One drive should be the EFI drive and one drive with your macos install. Clover does a backup before install (thanks god :)) in the root folder of your macos partition.
7. So go to the backup folder in CLOVER\drivers64UEFI\ and copy the file OsxAptioFix3Drv-64.efi to the same directory in your EFI drive with command cp src dst (src=path to OsxAptioFix3Drv-64.efi; dst=path to destination directory on EFI drive).
8. After that type exit.
9. YOU MUST REBOOT NOW!
10. Now all is fine and be careful at next clover install... like me :banghead:;)

Update
After that procedure and you install clover 4586 again (with AptioMemoryFix-64 enabled!) or next update check out your EFI drive. When you see AptioMemoryFix-64.efi just delete the old OsxAptioFix3Drv-64.efi

Update 2
When you install clover 4586 again (or later updates) you should also enable ApfsDriverLoader-64. After that delete apfs.efi in ..\drivers64UEFI folder on your EFI partition. Also check for new AptioInputFix-64 or others you enabled. After install You should always have a look at your efi folder before reboot and check for older versions.

This was super helpful, thanks! One thing I missed was you have to go into the drives that you mount by typing "FS[X]:<Enter>" then you can find the files mentioned.

1. One drive should be the EFI drive and one drive with your macos install. Clover does a backup before install (thanks god :)) in the root folder of your macos partition.
  2. So go to the backup folder in CLOVER\drivers64UEFI\ and copy the file OsxAptioFix3Drv-64.efi to the same directory in your EFI drive with command cp src dst (src=path to OsxAptioFix3Drv-64.efi; dst=path to destination directory on EFI drive).
  3. After that type exit.
  4. YOU MUST REBOOT NOW!
  5. Now all is fine and be careful at next clover install... like me :banghead:;)

Update

Update 2

hello, I too have fallen victim to this update... I am caught up on step 6 as well. I can't get it to copy, i don't understand what to type specifically as the command, i can direct it and everything but am very confused... i've been working tirelessly trying to figure out the commands but alas, i am a noob. Any help that anyone would be able to give me would be incredible. I really appreciate it. Thank you.

Thank you ukulele01!! I updated Clover to 4972 (without realizing this issue) and my computer kept rebooting every time I would select my boot drive. After following your instructions, I am able to get back into Mac OS. I then ran the latest Multibeast and all is well again. Thank you!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back