Contribute
Register

[REPORT] issue with clover 4586 - MacOS 10.13.5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am tremendously greatful for this, this looks like the most help I've been able to find all day, but I got lost at Step 6. I'm sure the drive I have to mount is FS7, and I followed the "map FS7" instructions, but how do I actually access the backup folder, "CLOVER\drivers64UEFI\"?

Would like to share a screenshot, but can't remember how to upload it to this post.

The backup it's on the MacOS 'normal' drive, on root as EFI-Backups, then look for the most recent rXXXX in therand enter it

Cheers
JG

I ran into the same issue by not changing options in clover install. Normally all is ok but with this version clover seems to change one efi file and does not replace with new one. Like Lundli mentioned, it's the AptioMemoryFix you have to choose. I forgot that and I couldn't boot from any of my USB sticks or anything else. Boot stops at End Randomseed++++.

Here's a solution how to fix it:

1. Press an arrow key when clover comes up so you stop counting down to boot mac os.
2. Choose Clover Shell and hit Enter.
3. Now you should see some FSX: drives (use PgUp/PgDown to view).
4. You can mount a drive with map FSX (where X is the number of the drive you want to mount)
5. Step by step mount the drives. You can go to a drive by typing e.g. FS0:
To change a directory use cd [dir]
List files with ls and use command help to show all commands.
6. One drive should be the EFI drive and one drive with your macos install. Clover does a backup before install (thanks god :)) in the root folder of your macos partition.
7. So go to the backup folder in CLOVER\drivers64UEFI\ and copy the file OsxAptioFix3Drv-64.efi to the same directory in your EFI drive with command cp src dst (src=path to OsxAptioFix3Drv-64.efi; dst=path to destination directory on EFI drive).
8. After that type exit.
9. YOU MUST REBOOT NOW!
10. Now all is fine and be careful at next clover install... like me :banghead:;)

Hope this helps someone...

Update
After that procedure and you install clover 4586 again (with AptioMemoryFix-64 enabled!) or next update check out your EFI drive. When you see AptioMemoryFix-64.efi just delete the old OsxAptioFix3Drv-64.efi
You should do that before reboot!

I GOT IT!!!! @____@ It seems that in the end, all I needed was sleep, so after finally getting some of that, I re-read through your directions and got in flawlessly. THANK YOU SO MUCH. It is SO nice to have a computer again. ..Dang, Clover, you really goofed up this time around.

As poster says, Just be aware using fix3 to get back to bootable should be temporary, you don't want to keep using fix3, it's deprecated and replaced by a superior memory fix. Once you get back to bootable state, get the new and improved memory fix. it's called "AptioMemoryFix". You can get it from clover installer or stand alone from https://github.com/acidanthera/AptioFixPkg while at it it's also a good idea to toss out apfs.efa and use https://github.com/acidanthera/ApfsSupportPkg instead (which REQUIRES the newer aptio fix, apfsloader won't work with the old fix3 file). apfs support is also an option in clover installer for new clover.

I have no idea what i'm doing...wrote FS01: and then Mount and i'm still in the list. i'm scared of creating trouble. if i write unmount it says it'd not recognized

You can't really do something wrong. Don't be scared ;).

First you have to mount the drive then goto it. Not vice versa.

Type these commands at clover shell:

1: map FS0
2: FS0:
3: ls

1) Maps or better mounts the first drive FS0
2) Goto drive FS0:
3) List diretory

At that moment you do nothing risky. Map the drives, goto drives, list folders and get a feeling for the commands. Then read my instructions again and I'm sure you get it. Feel free to ask again :!:

The clover shell is a bit a mix of Windows command line and bash. It's like going to C: ( FS0: ) drive in Windows command line and uses backslashes for directories. The command ls (list directories), cp (copy) and so on is from Linux/MacOs bash shell.

I ran into the same issue by not changing options in clover install. Normally all is ok but with this version clover seems to change one efi file and does not replace with new one. Like Lundli mentioned, it's the AptioMemoryFix you have to choose. I forgot that and I couldn't boot from any of my USB sticks or anything else. Boot stops at End Randomseed++++.

1. Press an arrow key when clover comes up so you stop counting down to boot mac os.
4. You can mount a drive with map FSX (where X is the number of the drive you want to mount)
6. One drive should be the EFI drive and one drive with your macos install. Clover does a backup before install (thanks god :)) in the root folder of your macos partition.
7. So go to the backup folder in CLOVER\drivers64UEFI\ and copy the file OsxAptioFix3Drv-64.efi to the same directory in your EFI drive with command cp src dst (src=path to OsxAptioFix3Drv-64.efi; dst=path to destination directory on EFI drive).
8. After that type exit.
9. YOU MUST REBOOT NOW!
10. Now all is fine and be careful at next clover install... like me :banghead:;)

Update
After that procedure and you install clover 4586 again (with AptioMemoryFix-64 enabled!) or next update check out your EFI drive. When you see AptioMemoryFix-64.efi just delete the old OsxAptioFix3Drv-64.efi

Thank you so much guy !!!!!
It works for me :clap:

8. After that type exit.
9. YOU MUST REBOOT NOW!

Update

Thank you very much for posting this - saved me quite a bit of time. I interrupted the install when it hung up, so I thought I'd have to reinstall the system from scratch when this happened. I followed your instructions, and the install picked back up on its own. I'm back up and running, and have Clover set to use the new AptioMemoryFix-64, along with ApfsDriverLoader-64. Now I don't have to look for a new apfs.efi file with each update, which is really nice.

Thank you again - you saved me a bunch of hours of troubleshooting.

I too got caught out by this, but when I start Clover shell, it just freezes, this is when booting from internal HD and USB.

I don't understand why v4586 is still available. There should also be a note in the top-level update thread warning about this.
It is the nature of the package installer, just install the new drivers.
I too got caught out by this, but when I start Clover shell, it just freezes, this is when booting from internal HD and USB.
Some firmware settings that might cause this
  • CSM enabled/disabled
  • Full screen logo enabled/disabled
Depends on your firmware whether these are present and what they are named. Also legacy booting vs native EFI booting.

An alternative to using the shell is to use bootable Linux.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back