Contribute
Register

[REPORT] issue with clover 4586 - MacOS 10.13.5

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is the nature of the package installer, just install the new drivers.
Some firmware settings that might cause this
  • CSM enabled/disabled
  • Full screen logo enabled/disabled
Depends on your firmware whether these are present and what they are named. Also legacy booting vs native EFI booting.

An alternative to using the shell is to use bootable Linux.
Hi, bootable Linux is a good idea, which I have done, but how do I access the MacOSX partitions please?

I ran into the same issue by not changing options in clover install. Normally all is ok but with this version clover seems to change one efi file and does not replace with new one. Like @Lundli mentioned, it's the AptioMemoryFix you have to choose. I forgot that and I couldn't boot from any of my USB sticks or anything else. Boot stops at End Randomseed++++.

Here's a solution how to fix it:

1. Press an arrow key when clover comes up so you stop counting down to boot mac os.
2. Choose Clover Shell and hit Enter.
3. Now you should see some FSX: drives (use PgUp/PgDown to view).
4. You can mount a drive with map FSX (where X is the number of the drive you want to mount)
5. Step by step mount the drives. You can go to a drive by typing e.g. FS0:
To change a directory use cd [dir]
List files with ls and use command help to show all commands.
6. One drive should be the EFI drive and one drive with your macos install. Clover does a backup before install (thanks god :)) in the root folder of your macos partition.
7. So go to the backup folder in CLOVER\drivers64UEFI\ and copy the file OsxAptioFix3Drv-64.efi to the same directory in your EFI drive with command cp src dst (src=path to OsxAptioFix3Drv-64.efi; dst=path to destination directory on EFI drive).
8. After that type exit.
9. YOU MUST REBOOT NOW!
10. Now all is fine and be careful at next clover install... like me :banghead:;)

Hope this helps someone...

Update
After that procedure and you install clover 4586 again (with AptioMemoryFix-64 enabled!) or next update check out your EFI drive. When you see AptioMemoryFix-64.efi just delete the old OsxAptioFix3Drv-64.efi
You should do that before reboot!

Update 2
When you install clover 4586 again (or later updates) you should also enable ApfsDriverLoader-64. After that delete apfs.efi in ..\drivers64UEFI folder on your EFI partition. Also check for new AptioInputFix-64 or others you enabled. After install You should always have a look at your efi folder before reboot and check for older versions.
This guide is only to fix boot and get back to mac os.
(Thanks to @MysticalOS and @remanifest for pointing this out)

When I tell you I spent 2 weeks trying to find the issue and 2.5 trying to figure out how I would resolve it and today that issue was resolved! Thanks soooooooooo much!

Booted Linux, mounted EFI drive, copied file from backup / USB, rebooted, all good, many thanks.

After clover update followed by security update
My Hackintsh doesnt boot and cant get into shell. I have prepared and booted into ubuntu and have terminal up. was wandering if you can tell me how you did this (commands in terminal please my windows drive is 'sda' mac 'sdb'
where
/dev/sdb1 EFI
/dev/sdb2 HFS+
/dev/sdb3 Apple boot

sorry im no idea about linux and thus am probably classed a heathen lol
;)

After clover update followed by security update
My Hackintsh doesnt boot and cant get into shell. I have prepared and booted into ubuntu and have terminal up. was wandering if you can tell me how you did this (commands in terminal please my windows drive is 'sda' mac 'sdb'
where
/dev/sdb1 EFI
/dev/sdb2 HFS+
/dev/sdb3 Apple boot

sorry im no idea about linux and thus am probably classed a heathen lol
;)
Download the Clover bootable ISO, mount or extract, copy AptioMemoryFix-64.efi from /EFI/CLOVER/Drivers-Off/drivers64UEFI to the home folder with the file manager then do
Code:
sudo mkdir /efi
sudo mount /dev/sdb1 /efi
sudo cp ~/AptioMemoryFix-64.efi /efi/efi/clover/drivers64uefi

@ALL,

I don't really trust the Clover installer, Its fine if its a fresh/clean install but it seems very prone to screwing up an existing Clover install/config if it cant find a matching previous install configuration file, it also tends to copy unwanted/unneeded stuff too.

As such when its time to update Clover I tend to use Pacifist to extract just the files i need and then manually copy them to the Boot/EFI/Clover folder.

To update the core Clover files you just need ../BOOT/BOOTx64.efi and /CLOVER/CLOVERX64.efi
Screen Shot 2018-07-21 at 12.15.53.png
To update the UEFI drivers extract the ones you need from the Drivers64UEFI subfolder in the .pkg one at a time

Screen Shot 2018-07-21 at 12.17.39.png
Its best to extract all the UEFI drivers you use/need so that they are all from the same build

Just my two cents on how to negate the OP issue ... I always use this method to update Clover.

Cheers
Jay

Last edited:
Download the Clover bootable ISO, mount or extract, copy AptioMemoryFix-64.efi from /EFI/CLOVER/Drivers-Off/drivers64UEFI to the home folder with the file manager then do
Code:
sudo mkdir /efi
sudo mount /dev/sdb1 /efi
sudo cp ~/AptioMemoryFix-64.efi /efi/efi/clover/drivers64uefi

Excellent
So I did this and then managed to boot into Mac via bios f9 boot efi from file etc... (i still have a little to do to get the clover boot menu to auto boot ar start up but i have one more question.

SO when I future install clover (do i need to add a file in clover install custom eg AptioMemoryFix-64.efi (does it matte rwhich version)? also which one and is this a temp fix or permaneant (i alwasy have to add this in clover install)

Many thanks again, i am closer than i was before :)
sorted out my boot a bios must have reset to fast boot
but that simple instruction in linux realy helped so thank you so much!

Last edited:
SO when I future install clover (do i need to add a file in clover install custom eg AptioMemoryFix-64.efi (does it matte rwhich version)? also which one and is this a temp fix or permaneant (i alwasy have to add this in clover install)
Next time you run the Clover package installer click 'customise' and select AptioMemoryFix to use (presumably) the latest version. If you look in the Clover downloads section of this site there is a script to remove emulated NVRAM drivers/files which should no longer be required. As for permanence you'd better check the options when running the installer and see how it goes. You can also mount EFI and check its contents after the installer is finished.

I ran into the same issue by not changing options in clover install. Normally all is ok but with this version clover seems to change one efi file and does not replace with new one. Like @Lundli mentioned, it's the AptioMemoryFix you have to choose. I forgot that and I couldn't boot from any of my USB sticks or anything else. Boot stops at End Randomseed++++.

Here's a solution how to fix it:

1. Press an arrow key when clover comes up so you stop counting down to boot mac os.
2. Choose Clover Shell and hit Enter.
3. Now you should see some FSX: drives (use PgUp/PgDown to view).
4. You can mount a drive with map FSX (where X is the number of the drive you want to mount)
5. Step by step mount the drives. You can go to a drive by typing e.g. FS0:
To change a directory use cd [dir]
List files with ls and use command help to show all commands.
6. One drive should be the EFI drive and one drive with your macos install. Clover does a backup before install (thanks god :)) in the root folder of your macos partition.
7. So go to the backup folder in CLOVER\drivers64UEFI\ and copy the file OsxAptioFix3Drv-64.efi to the same directory in your EFI drive with command cp src dst (src=path to OsxAptioFix3Drv-64.efi; dst=path to destination directory on EFI drive).
8. After that type exit.
9. YOU MUST REBOOT NOW!
10. Now all is fine and be careful at next clover install... like me :banghead:;)

Hope this helps someone...

Update
After that procedure and you install clover 4586 again (with AptioMemoryFix-64 enabled!) or next update check out your EFI drive. When you see AptioMemoryFix-64.efi just delete the old OsxAptioFix3Drv-64.efi
You should do that before reboot!

Update 2
When you install clover 4586 again (or later updates) you should also enable ApfsDriverLoader-64. After that delete apfs.efi in ..\drivers64UEFI folder on your EFI partition. Also check for new AptioInputFix-64 or others you enabled. After install You should always have a look at your efi folder before reboot and check for older versions.
This guide is only to fix boot and get back to mac os.
(Thanks to @MysticalOS and @remanifest for pointing this out)

Thank you so much! This helped me too.

I had some problems when copying over the file from the backup - got a message of something similar to "access is denied to destination" when copying.

Instead, and a faster way - is to download the AptioMemoryFix-64 file from here on my windows partition, and drop it into the CLOVER\drivers64UEFI directory after mounting the EFI partition under windows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back