Contribute
Register

Replacing GTX 970 with RX 580

Status
Not open for further replies.
After beating my head against a wall for weeks I finally solved this issue by updating the firmware on my LG UH6030. Card works perfectly with NO injection or lilu/WG. The problem was not the card, OS, CPU, Motherboard, clover, kexts or otherwise. Thanks to everyone for ideas.

Hey Gang
Replacing my GTX 1060 with Sapphire RX580 and I'm having the same problem @recordingfil had. While booting up the progress gets about 2/3rds of the way then my GPU seems to shut off and my screen gos black (HDMI), with a DVI monitor the screen does a quick flash then hangs there. The fans stop running on my RX580 at this point.

I've followed the steps in this thread to the best of my knowledge, I'm no programmer. Using Clover Configurator I updated Lilu, WhateverGreen, unclicked Nvidiaweb (which I assume is the webdriver argument in the config.plist) and uninstalled the webdrivers from my computer. Though it says to remove NvidiaGraphicsFixup I could not find that anywhere, where would i find it? I also do not believe I have CUDA installed, cannot find it to uninstall.

I'm currently on Sierra and would really like to upgrade to Mojave but what I thought was going to be a quick swap is turning into a huge headache.

Any pointers, suggestions or explanations would be much appreciated.

I know this may be a stretch, but it sounds like the GPU is shutting down. Check power and cooling?? What wattage PS are you using? This may be a tangent, but worth a looksie. -gh

I know this may be a stretch, but it sounds like the GPU is shutting down. Check power and cooling?? What wattage PS are you using? This may be a tangent, but worth a looksie. -gh

Got it working!! Wasn't a power issue at all, just my incompetence. I didn't have the kexts installed properly. Found the Hackintool app, followed the steps set out by @CrashMidnick, and installed the latest Lilu and WhateverGreen kexts using the Hackintool.

Thanks

I ended up buying a Sapphire RX580. When booting up, my secondary display is black and there are glitches on the screen, but I put it to sleep and then wake it up and it's fine... Not perfect, but it's solid now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back