7. LC
  8. Performa
  9. Plus
  10. Power Mac
  11. Quadra
  12. SE/30
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
My Gigabyte Z77X-UP5 TH motherboard has completely failed. It trips a power fault condition on my power supply, and the local computer shop verified it does the same for 4 different models and brands of PSU. If servicing it through Gigabyte doesn't pan out, i'm curious what I should look for in a replacement. I never used the mSATA or the Thunderbolt ports, and cash is tight.

Can anyone recommend a good replacement board, one that might not have as many features, but is generally going to be similar enough to still work with my boot volume with minimal kext reconfiguration with multibeast, once it boots??

I'm trying to replace the motherboard for as low a cost as possible, while keeping compatibility with the 3770K I have, my 32 GB RAM, and my Yosemite boot volume.

The following is the 7 series buyers guide fir Z77 hardware. As this hardware is discontinued you are most likely to find it available from eBay, Craigslist and other auction type websites. Do an Amazon search with Z77, H77 as the search criteria and see if anything is available at resonable cost. You can then cross reference any of the models by search the motherboard model number with 'Yosemite' and find install hints, tips and hopefully guides.
Many of the ASUS, ASRock, MSI and Gigabyte boards work well from around that time.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/building-a-customac-buyers-guide-august-2013.106788/

Thanks!

I've been thoroughly aggravated trying to navigate anything with the awful interface quirks of Windows 10 on the i5 tablet I've been borrowing... It's reminding me why I originally put so much effort into building this Hackintosh in the first place...

Still beats my original fallback machine...
A single core Pentium 4, running XP, that I was stuck with for a whole weekend... ;_; :banghead:

Still beats my original fallback machine...
A single core Pentium 4, running XP, that I was stuck with for a whole weekend... ;_; :banghead:

I have something similar in the attic that I pulled out and set up at the tail end of 2015. I think I spent a whole day running updates, downloading new anti virus, running scans and general performance updates. I then stuck it back in the attic - it still runs but it is so slow even compared to an ancient E8400 powered Dell Optiplex that I keep that runs Snow Leopard. I feel your pain...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back