Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z68MX-UD2H-B3
CPU
i5-2500K
Graphics
GTX 760
Hey, as you can see from my machine specs I have an older system that is working great that is i5 2500K based and I am currently using a Gigabyte 6850 video card. It is working, but the fans are getting very loud and probably won't last long so I thought I would take the opportunity to maybe upgrade to the best out there that can fit in the PCI Express 2.1 x16 slot and still work with my CustoMac Pro. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Hey, as you can see from my machine specs I have an older system that is working great that is i5 2500K based and I am currently using a Gigabyte 6850 video card. It is working, but the fans are getting very loud and probably won't last long so I thought I would take the opportunity to maybe upgrade to the best out there that can fit in the PCI Express 2.1 x16 slot and still work with my CustoMac Pro. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

When is the last time you removed the GPU and used a compressed air can to blow all the dust out? Dust build-up can cause the fans to run loud.

Any of the GTX 740 cards in the Buyer's Guide is a comparable card to your 6850 if you want to use native drivers, or you could go with a 750Ti and use the nVidia Alternate web drivers for a step up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back