Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
MK ASUS ROG MAXIMUS XI HERO
CPU
i9 9900K
Graphics
RX 580
Hello,

I recently had 2 power failures in my building one after the other. The 2nd happened when I was booting up my system from the first power failure. This lead to the computer not starting as it used to and it took several minutes before I could even get into the BIOS Utility. With some help from the community I realised that the SSD (with Mojave) had been ruined. I bought a new SSD and SATA cable (Samsung 860 EVO 1TB), formated a USB (OS X Extended Journaled & GUID Partition Map), created a bootable USB with Unibeast, followed storks guide on his XI HERO to the letter and now I can't get passed the apple logo boot screen after clicking "Boot macOS Install from Install macOS Catalina". The bar loads the entire way and then stops, I've waited for 2 hours a couple of times. I've tried both Catalina and Mojave. I've tried multiple USB sticks of various brands (all 16 GB) and I'm using the USB port besides the ethernet input as described in the guide.

BIOS SETTINGS

Updated to the latest firmware.

AI Overclocker Tuner > X.M.P.
Extreme Tweeking > Enable
System Agent (SA) Configuration > VT-d > Disable
USB Configuration > Legacy USB Support > Enabled
APM Configuration > Power on by PCI - E/PCI > Disabled
Fast Boot > Disabled
Boot Logo Display > Disabled
Secure Boot > OS Type > Other OS)
Boot Option 1 > USB installer thumb drive

In Storks guide he says to disable Keyboard and Mouse Simulation + set primary display to PEG but I don't have those options.

Is it possible more components are fried? Or am I missing something else?

Thanks!

Hello,

I recently had 2 power failures in my building one after the other. The 2nd happened when I was booting up my system from the first power failure. This lead to the computer not starting as it used to and it took several minutes before I could even get into the BIOS Utility. With some help from the community I realised that the SSD (with Mojave) had been ruined. I bought a new SSD and SATA cable (Samsung 860 EVO 1TB), formated a USB (OS X Extended Journaled & GUID Partition Map), created a bootable USB with Unibeast, followed storks guide on his XI HERO to the letter and now I can't get passed the apple logo boot screen after clicking "Boot macOS Install from Install macOS Catalina". The bar loads the entire way and then stops, I've waited for 2 hours a couple of times. I've tried both Catalina and Mojave. I've tried multiple USB sticks of various brands (all 16 GB) and I'm using the USB port besides the ethernet input as described in the guide.

BIOS SETTINGS

Updated to the latest firmware.

AI Overclocker Tuner > X.M.P.
Extreme Tweeking > Enable
System Agent (SA) Configuration > VT-d > Disable
USB Configuration > Legacy USB Support > Enabled
APM Configuration > Power on by PCI - E/PCI > Disabled
Fast Boot > Disabled
Boot Logo Display > Disabled
Secure Boot > OS Type > Other OS)
Boot Option 1 > USB installer thumb drive

In Storks guide he says to disable Keyboard and Mouse Simulation + set primary display to PEG but I don't have those options.

Is it possible more components are fried? Or am I missing something else?

Thanks!

Hi there.

Boot in Verbose mode then capture the screen where the text stops and upload it here.

For Clover press the Spacebar at the menu and select verbose. For OpenCore press CMD-V.

Last edited:
The options not being present could be due to a difference in the bios version. It doesn't mean another part of the system is fried.

If you have been able to set the bios for running macOS and can boot to the Clover boot screen with your UniBeast installer then it is more likely to be a config.plist or installer issue than a hardware issue.

Post a copy of the EFI folder you are using. along with the verbose screen image requested by UtterDisbelief, and lets see what is be causing the kernel panic/stall during the installer boot process.

Thank you for the quick response.

I just left the office but I will post here tomorrow.

This is what my EFI folder contains and what clover says when I boot in Verbose mode and where it stops.

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    1 MB · Views: 49
  • 2.png
    2.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 50
  • 3.png
    3.png
    562.7 KB · Views: 46
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 48
Is there anything I can do?

Attachments

• EFI OpenCore 0.6.6.zip
    62 MB · Views: 48
I have now tried with OC and the exact same thing happens. After loading to full on the apple logo screen it stops and nothing happens. I have now waited for 3 hours.

Should I try with some older OS like High sierra?

I have now tried with OC and the exact same thing happens. After loading to full on the apple logo screen it stops and nothing happens. I have now waited for 3 hours.

Should I try with some older OS like High sierra?

No. Older version of macOS won't help.

Can you try booting in verbose mode and show where it stops?

Ok.

This is where it stops
7E9357F3-29AE-4AB3-AFD3-ABD705FD25F5.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back