Replace Sierra with Windows 10 on SSD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi guys,
I'd like to completely delete my Sierra partition that's currently on my SSD and replace it with a fresh installation of Windows 10 through USB.
I really don't want to mess up the whole process since I use my computer to work a lot.

I've researched and saw that if I insert the USB with Windows on it, it will offer to erase the previous partition to then clean install Windows 10 on it, is that correct ? Also, should I change the format of my SSD so that it supports Windows ?

If you can link me to a basic step by step guide of how the process goes, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks for your help!

Hi guys,
I'd like to completely delete my Sierra partition that's currently on my SSD and replace it with a fresh installation of Windows 10 through USB.
I really don't want to mess up the whole process since I use my computer to work a lot.

I've researched and saw that if I insert the USB with Windows on it, it will offer to erase the previous partition to then clean install Windows 10 on it, is that correct ? Also, should I change the format of my SSD so that it supports Windows ?

If you can link me to a basic step by step guide of how the process goes, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks for your help!
yes, boot with windows us installer, wipe all partitions and then install

windows will delete all partitions and will format the hard drive to NTFS partition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back