i7-3770
Graphics
GTX 650
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello,

First of all I'd like to convey my deep gratitude to the community for helping me build and run my hackintosh for the past 4 years. You guys are amazing!

Recently my MacBook Pro 13" early 2011 stopped working and just a few weeks later the motherboard on my Hackintosh dies. Btw, I just installed sierra, like 3 days back.

My build from 2013 Hackintosh included

Gigabyte Motherboard - GA Z77X UD5H WB (yes, I bought the wifi version, silly me)
Intel CPU - i7 3770
NVidia Graphics Card - Asus GTX 650
RAM - Corsair 8GB x 2 (1600 MHz)

I also recently purchased a TP link's wifi card that was natively supported on this build. It was like a week old.

I went to the market to enquire for a replacement. Turns out, it's been discontinued for a while now.

Is there any alternative to the Motherboard that still might support my system?

Any other suggestions?

Thanks
Mayank

If your Z77 system was meeting your needs before it died, I'd look for a similar 7-series motherboard on the used market. (There might even be some new ones lurking out there.) By just replacing the motherboard, you don't have to replace the processor as well.

I'm still using my Z77 "Thunderball" system. (I name my systems.) Thunderball works well! I've even added a M.2 NVMe Samsung 950 Pro SSD on an PCIe adapter card. (I had to modify the BIOS to recognize the NVMe SSD, but I'm getting off topic.)

However, if you're ready to upgrade, check the tonymacx86 Buyer's Guide for current state-of-the-art 200-series motherboards and Kaby Lake processors. BTW, you can also check the Buyer's Guide for the 100-series motherboards and Skylake processors as these components are still available.

Hello,

First of all I'd like to convey my deep gratitude to the community for helping me build and run my hackintosh for the past 4 years. You guys are amazing!

Any other suggestions?

Thanks
Mayank

You can buy the Z77X-UD5H on Ebay for about $200 used. I know, probably more than you paid for it new. You also don't know for sure if that will last another 3 years. Another option is to buy a refurb HP 6300 or 8300 mini-tower and then install your I7-3770 and ram into that. If the motherboard ever were to fail, you can easily replace it for only about $20. The only downside is no supplemental 6 pin power from the PSU. There are some ways around that if you want to keep your GTX 650.

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...-tower-macos-sierra-i5-3470-msi-gt640.224812/

Hello,

Recently my MacBook Pro 13" early 2011 stopped working and just a few weeks later the motherboard on my Hackintosh dies. Btw, I just installed sierra, like 3 days back.

My build from 2013 Hackintosh included

Gigabyte Motherboard - GA Z77X UD5H WB (yes, I bought the wifi version, silly me)
Intel CPU - i7 3770
NVidia Graphics Card - Asus GTX 650
RAM - Corsair 8GB x 2 (1600 MHz)

I also recently purchased a TP link's wifi card that was natively supported on this build. It was like a week old.

I went to the market to enquire for a replacement. Turns out, it's been discontinued for a while now.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks
Mayank

If you are certain it is the motherboard that died, find a working Gigabyte used 7 series motherboard and you will just need to replace the motherboard. All other hardware can be used again.

If your Z77 system was meeting your needs before it died, I'd look for a similar 7-series motherboard on the used market. (There might even be some new ones lurking out there.) By just replacing the motherboard, you don't have to replace the processor as well.

I'm still using my Z77 "Thunderball" system. (I name my systems.) Thunderball works well! I've even added a M.2 NVMe Samsung 950 Pro SSD on an PCIe adapter card. (I had to modify the BIOS to recognize the NVMe SSD, but I'm getting off topic.)

However, if you're ready to upgrade, check the tonymacx86 Buyer's Guide for current state-of-the-art 200-series motherboards and Kaby Lake processors. BTW, you can also check the Buyer's Guide for the 100-series motherboards and Skylake processors as these components are still available.
Thank you so much for the quick response. I have been searching the web pretty extensively plus consulting with friends. Old board is not available here in India. I cannot afford to upgrade at the moment.

However I did come across something that might solve my problem.

https://www.mdcomputers.in/gigabyte-ga-h61m-s.html?search=H61m&description=true

This board is suppose to work with my configuration is what I've understood so far. What do you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back