Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASUS Gryphon Z97 Armor Edition
CPU
Intel I5 4570
Graphics
nVidia GTX 750Ti
Hi, my laptop takes quite a while when booting. I firstly doubt that it's a problem with a hard drive, so I redid into an SSD, but it is still there. I dug into the boot log (/var/log/system.log) and found that the machine gonna stuck at the very last:
NTFS driver 3.13 [Flags: R/W].
NTFS volume name Data, version 3.1.
NTFS volume name PC, version 3.1.
Ethernet [RealtekRTL8111]: Link up on en0, 100-Megabit, Full-duplex, No flow-control
000008.340080 IOUSBHostHIDDevice@14700000,1: IOUSBHostHIDDevice::start: unable to start IOHIDDevice
000013.442583 IOUSBHostHIDDevice@14700000,1: IOUSBHostHIDDevice::start: unable to start IOHIDDevice
000018.544782 IOUSBHostHIDDevice@14700000,2: IOUSBHostHIDDevice::start: unable to start IOHIDDevice
No interval found for . Using 8000000 (this occurred rarely)
As you can see, the three USB error delayed the process. In my opinion, those three indicates EH01, EH02, XHC individually.

I read those threads trying to fix it.
  1. [Guide] 10.11+ USB changes and solutions
  2. [Guide] Creating a Custom SSDT for USBInjectAll.kext
  3. OSX El Capitan - Tips for fixing Intel USB
Then I made SSDT and/or kext injector to boot, but either the problem was still there or the error disappeared but the USB 2.0 devices not working.

BTW, there are also some weird problems occur.
  • Sometimes my laptop boots into the system with a black screen and become normal after one or two reboots.
  • Sometimes the volume hotkey not working but audio (either internal or external) is OK.
  • Sometimes IORegistryExplorer.app would open with not responding, as well as the ioreg command in the terminal at the same time.
  • Each time the count time on clover boot is too slow, its ¡ second is actually more than 3 seconds. After that, it would wait more than 5 seconds into MacOS' boot process.
  • Each time the brightness hotkeys do not function until several minutes after startup.
  • Each time The hotkeys for both brightness and volume can only adjust a little instead of a square.
The attachment contains IOReg(2.1) Data, USB testing result, Clover UEFI folder, DSDT, and SSDT files.
Does any one know how to fix it and give me a little hint?:)

Attachments

• Archive.zip
    2.7 MB · Views: 98
Last edited:
The "USB error" problem solved by myself. Here are what I did.
Initially, I was looking up this thread. But I just found that there's a little difference. The guy, "AGuyWhoIsBored", his error is:
000021.014868 IOUSBHostHIDDevice@: IOUSBHostHIDDevice::start: unable to start IOHIDDevice
Mine is:
000008.340080 IOUSBHostHIDDevice@14700000,1: IOUSBHostHIDDevice::start: unable to start IOHIDDevice
As you can see, my error indicated the specific port that triggered the problem: 14700000.
From "System Report", I found it was the "ASUS ROG Macrokey", which does not function at all at MacOS(even at windows does so). So I removed this port from USB injector to disable it. After reboot, the error eliminated.

Although the main problem has been solved. I still want to maintain this thread as "unsolved". Since other little errors are also so frustrating. Personally, I feel my booting process is not normal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back