Graphics
ati HD5970
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I would like to remove Turbo frequencies from SSDT generated by Probook Installer.
I'v tried following this guide (I'v removed unwanted frequencies and changed number of definitions to appropriate), but it causes P-State Stepper Error 18".

I would like to remove Turbo frequencies from SSDT generated by Probook Installer.
I'v tried following this guide (I'v removed unwanted frequencies and changed number of definitions to appropriate), but it causes P-State Stepper Error 18".

Edit the SSDT that is created for you by the ProBook Installer instead of creating an entirely new one.

Thats exactly what I did. Sorry if I wasn't clear.
Just to clarify:
Installer generated, working SSDT (with unwanted Turbo) - View attachment SSDT.aml;
Same SSDT, just with turbo freq. removed (not working, causing error on boot) - View attachment SSDT_moded.aml

For now I have changed all turbo frequencies to 2300, and its working, but I would't call that a proper solution.

Thats exactly what I did. Sorry if I wasn't clear.
Just to clarify:
Installer generated, working SSDT (with unwanted Turbo) - View attachment 60777;
Same SSDT, just with turbo freq. removed (not working, causing error on boot) - View attachment 60778

For now I have changed all turbo frequencies to 2300, and its working, but I would't call that a proper solution.

You forgot to set APSN to zero, so it is still calling out 6 turbo frequencies out of the 16 left, so it is probably confused as to why there are "turbo" frequencies less than the normal top frequency of the chip.

In your modded one:
Code:
        Name (APSN, 0x06)

should be:
Code:
        Name (APSN, Zero)

That's my educated guess... You still might run into trouble but worth a try...

And you might consider using something like https://github.com/qwerty12/DisableTurboBoostBattery which claims to disable turbo boost only when on battery... I've never tried it as my laptop does not have turbo boost (i3)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back