i7-10700K
Graphics
RX 6900 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Please accept my apologies if this is a FAQ or is answered elsewhere, but I couldn't track anything down, so...

As a way of migrating everything from my existing Mac Pro 1,1 (which is running El Capitan beautifully courtesy of Piker Alpha et al), I'm considering backing up everything, removing the hard drive and SSD from my Mac Pro 1,1, installing them in my newly-built Z170X Designare/i7 6700k Hackintosh and letting Unibeast (Sierra edition) loose on it, followed by Multibeast.

Would you expect this to be successful? I know I could always go back if not, but it would be nice to know if others have succeeded.

Thanks!

Peter.

They should work as data drives no problem but you will not be able to boot from them.

Please accept my apologies if this is a FAQ or is answered elsewhere, but I couldn't track anything down, so...

As a way of migrating everything from my existing Mac Pro 1,1 (which is running El Capitan beautifully courtesy of Piker Alpha et al), I'm considering backing up everything, removing the hard drive and SSD from my Mac Pro 1,1, installing them in my newly-built Z170X Designare/i7 6700k Hackintosh and letting Unibeast (Sierra edition) loose on it, followed by Multibeast.

Would you expect this to be successful? I know I could always go back if not, but it would be nice to know if others have succeeded.

Thanks!

Peter.

Peter:

I CLONED my MacBook Pro 5,5 (Mid-2009) El Capitan that was upgraded to a 512 GB SSD and then instead the Cloned SSD into my Hackintosh. Then used a UniBeast USB created on a Hackintosh to install macOS Sierra 10.12.1 on machine that I am typing you this on. MultiBeast and some manual configuring got the rest of the hardware working. I now have a Hackintosh that has ran everything that I have tried. Have not checked Office 2011 but expect it to need Reactivation. As of this evening, only 3 squawks on the machine. Location Services not working as there is No WiFi card installed. DVD player will launch when DVD inserted into DVD but does not play or see any files on DVD. I am able to read / burn audio CDs. System Preferences> Energy Saver> Computer Sleep does not work. Can live without that if I do not figure it out.

Respectfully,
Gary

Thanks!

Peter.

I did this when I transitioned from my old MacPro5,1 to hackintosh.
  1. Pulled SSD from Mac Pro.
  2. Plugged SSD in to hackintosh.
  3. Installed macOS to hackintosh using UniBeast created flash drive, but I did NOT format/erase/initialize the SSD.
  4. Ran MultiBeast to install Clover and necessary drivers.
  5. Made a few tweaks to my config.plist with Clover Configurator.
  6. Done.

Thanks for the helpful suggestions. It sounds like it should work, so I'll give it a go tonight...

Yay! Everything's working great apart from audio out -- there's no "line out" or equivalent; it'll only output to the Apple Display speakers. I did select ALC1150 in Multibeast, though. I'm sure there's an answer elsewhere so I'll go looking...

Thanks again for the help.

Peter.

Yay! Everything's working great apart from audio out -- there's no "line out" or equivalent; it'll only output to the Apple Display speakers. I did select ALC1150 in Multibeast, though. I'm sure there's an answer elsewhere so I'll go looking...

Thanks again for the help.

Peter.
Peter:

According to Toleda's Audio guide, I needed the ALC1150 and Series 100 Series audio drivers for my Z170 MB. It took me a while to get through his guide but once I did, everything worked fine. On my MB, the Internal Speakers and Internal Mic are the ones that I need to select. Once Toleda's post was followed, everything worked including "Hey Siri" What the current Weather?

Gary

Thanks RV6Flyer. I appreciate the advice, but after several hours of trying to get this to work I decided life's too short and just plugged in my Lindy USB headphone/microphone adapter. Result: Hackintosh and Windows 10 are now both happily making noise through my Bose speakers, with no other action needed.

Cheers

Peter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back