Motherboard
ASUS ROG Strix F Z390
CPU
i7-9700K
Graphics
6800XT (Powercolor Red Dragon)
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
My primary install with Unibeast used to be on a smaller 240GB SSD. Last year, I upgraded to a 1TB SSD so I cloned my OS X partition to that and the other one has just been sitting there.

I want to try to install Linux Mint on the 240GB SSD. I have a live linux USB and have followed the steps to install it to the drive, but when I boot up using the new drive, it still goes into the Chimera screen and then tries to load OS X (obviously it fails because linux is on it now).

I tried booting up into OS X and using Disk Utility to repartition the old drive as FAT and then installed linux again but Chimera remains. How can I get rid of it completely? I would have thought GRUB would have overwritten it but I guess not.

Thanks

My primary install with Unibeast used to be on a smaller 240GB SSD. Last year, I upgraded to a 1TB SSD so I cloned my OS X partition to that and the other one has just been sitting there.

I want to try to install Linux Mint on the 240GB SSD. I have a live linux USB and have followed the steps to install it to the drive, but when I boot up using the new drive, it still goes into the Chimera screen and then tries to load OS X (obviously it fails because linux is on it now).

I tried booting up into OS X and using Disk Utility to repartition the old drive as FAT and then installed linux again but Chimera remains. How can I get rid of it completely? I would have thought GRUB would have overwritten it but I guess not.

Thanks

Rules said:
Please use the search function before creating a new topic. The question that you ask may have already been answered

http://www.tonymacx86.com/basics/174317-how-backup-remove-chimera-any-related-files.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back